advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
walk like an Egyptian?!......'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' trailer debuTTs....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 22, 2019 06:15AM
....during 'Monday Night Football'......

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer Debuts During Monday Night Football

.....Roughly two months ahead of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker‘s colossally anticipated arrival in theaters, the second (and final) trailer for Episode 9 made its debut Monday night during Monday Night Football on ESPN.

Disney announced the trailer’s imminent debut over the weekend on social media via a seconds-long clip featuring Rey, Finn, Chewbacca and Poe in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

As previously reported, TV vet Keri Russell (Felicity, The Americans) will appear in Rise of Skywalker as mysterious rogue operative Zorri Bliss, a new character whose face is hidden behind a helmet. Vanity Fair recently described Zorri as a member of “a vital third class of heroes and villains that populate the galaxy: the smugglers, scrappers, bounty hunters and scoundrels who make a living on the edges of a war.”

The final Rise of Skywalker trailer’s release coincides with what would have been late Star Wars icon Carrie Fisher’s 63rd birthday. Princess Leia’s portrayer died in 2016 at the age of 60, but her alter ego will nonetheless appear in Rise of Skywalker courtesy of previously unseen/unused footage.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker opens Friday, Dec. 20.

walk.....this way.....talk this way..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: walk like an Egyptian?!......'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' trailer debuTTs....
Posted by: 3d
Date: October 22, 2019 08:28AM
Yessss!!!

Re: walk like an Egyptian?!......'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' trailer debuTTs....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 22, 2019 09:45AM
meh
Blu-ray from the library
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 22, 2019 10:14AM
eventually I will have to watch the last one

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 22, 2019 11:27AM
Steve G.
meh
Blu-ray from the library

If you arent a SW fan, or just never got into the whole story, sure.

If not, why *woudlnt* you want to see it on the big screen? Just to save a few bucks?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: timg
Date: October 22, 2019 11:51AM
40 plus years since it started ... I have a physical need to see how it ends.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: October 22, 2019 11:52AM
4DX Presentations available
@ $30.65 a ticket turbo naughty smiley

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 22, 2019 12:24PM
If not, why *woudlnt* you want to see it on the big screen? Just to save a few bucks?

Being a Star Wars fan, which I am, doesn't mean one wants to sit through a bad movie.

Seeing everything Star Wars on the big screen, good or bad, is a different level of fan.

Me, it's disappointing to spend the time sitting in a theater seeing a movie that let me down. I walk out less happy than when I went in. Seeing the movie for free wouldn't stave off an iota if disappointment for me.

I'd have rather watched the benchmark again, instead of being let down in a big screen way.

So, I'll try to avoid spoilers, and wait for some buzz.

I'll see Top Gun: Maverick on the big screen, no matter the buzz. Can't wait.

Star Wars, for this fan, no longer has that cachet.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 22, 2019 12:41PM
timg
40 plus years since it started ... I have a physical need to see how it ends.
ENDS ????? The Mouse Empire will never stop sucking money out of that franchise.

"Well, I heard my friends really got in a mess
So I'm gonna have to leave Yoda I guess
But I know that I'll be coming back some day
I'll be playing this part 'till I'm old and gray

The long-term contract I had to sign
Says I'll be making these movies till the end of time
With my Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda"
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 22, 2019 12:43PM
This is the end of the Skywalker family story. Disney has SW films already slated through 2026

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: October 22, 2019 12:50PM
Those Skywalkers were nothing but trouble, doing stupid fireworks stunts, constant fights, cops there all the time, keeping all those strange animals and doing 'magic tricks'.

Now they want me to pay for their moving van? Forget it!

not to mention the loud parties with those crummy out-of-town bands

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2019 01:18PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 22, 2019 02:17PM
People are going to complain about it, of course, but I've had fun at each of the films. Worth the cost of admission, so to speak; what more to ask for from escapist entertainment? e.g., Solo was a pleasant surprise after hearing so many negative comments about it.

Looking forward to this one for a hundred reasons, not the least of which being a new score from John Williams that he's said will feature motifs & themes from the entire series. I can hardly wait to wrap my ears around it.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2019 02:17PM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: October 22, 2019 02:41PM
I thought Emperor Palpatine was vanquished (unto death) in SW9: Return of the Jedi.
Apparently not, though what the heck was he doing while Snoke was messing up the galaxy?

=TC
Date: October 22, 2019 02:59PM
Force Awakens made $2,000,000,000 worldwide.
Last Jedi made $1,300,000,000 worldwide.
That's BILLION with a "B".

I can't remember many curmudgeons singing praises for either of those movies. With the state of social media and clickbait internet the way it is nowadays, I'm gonna have to catch this one opening weekend.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 22, 2019 03:06PM
Meh, I guess? its $10, bad or not.

I think we have all paid more than $10 for something dissapointing...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: October 22, 2019 05:00PM
I can see it for $5, if I want to spend $2.70 on the bus.
Blu-ray should do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 152
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020