advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
NFL Talk: MNF Goes Mexican, Mahomes 100yd pass?, Brawl Suspensions Appealed!
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 18, 2019 05:58PM
Monday Night Football: KC vs Chargers at Mexico City 8:15 ET tonight.
[www.nfl.com]

NFL.com
Can Mahomes really throw 100 yards in Mexico?

Last season, Patrick Mahomes claimed he could throw a ball 100 yards in Mexico City.
Tonight he'll have his chance. MJ Acosta takes a look at the Next Gen Stats to see
if that's really possible.
[www.nfl.com]

Browns-Steelers Brawl: All Suspensions being appealed!
[www.nfl.com]

And, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that the NFL is expected to fine
Steelers' QB Mason Rudolph for his part in the brawl.
WTF, they're going to fine the assault victim?

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NFL Talk: MNF Goes Mexican, Mahomes 100yd pass?, Brawl Suspensions Appealed!
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 18, 2019 06:06PM
Takes two to tango.
Re: NFL Talk: MNF Goes Mexican, Mahomes 100yd pass?, Brawl Suspensions Appealed!
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 18, 2019 06:21PM
Rudolph The Red Nosed Instigator.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: bfd
Date: November 18, 2019 08:02PM
There are more Chargers' jerseys in the crowd in Mexico City, DF than they ever see at their Stub Your Toe home stadium in LA.
Posted by: DP
Date: November 18, 2019 08:02PM
Before the game they showed Mahomes throw a ball 70 yards-

...more music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 18, 2019 08:03PM

No!!

The instigator was the guy who actually managed to rip the helmet off the head; attempting to remove said helmet and failing is hardly provocative on an NFL field of combat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2019 08:04PM by RgrF.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 18, 2019 08:11PM
45 years ago I could throw a baseball over 110 yards... used to throw "field goals" from one goal line thru the goal posts at the other end of the field. Football topped out around 70 yards, though I imagine in Mexico City I woulda been happy w/ 50 yards, as I've always had trouble breathing w/ that sort of altitude. 35 years ago my arm pretty much stopped working, and haven't been able to lift the old right arm for over 25 years.
So, Patrick: Be careful what you wish for.
==
Date: November 18, 2019 08:26PM
RgrF

No!!

The instigator was the guy who actually managed to rip the helmet off the head; attempting to remove said helmet and failing is hardly provocative on an NFL field of combat.

No, that would be the reaction. The helmet ripper didn't start the play that angry.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 18, 2019 10:03PM
Other guy shouldn't have clubbed him but Rudolph got the ball rolling.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 18, 2019 10:43PM
Ugh, I wanted to the Chargers to make that strike at the last second.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 18, 2019 10:54PM
Buzz
... though I imagine in Mexico City I woulda been happy w/ 50 yards, as I've always had trouble breathing w/ that sort of altitude.
==

Last year, Belicheck had the Patriots practice for a week in Colorado Springs.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: datbeme
Date: November 18, 2019 10:58PM
Acer
RgrF

No!!

No, that would be the reaction. The helmet ripper didn't start the play that angry.

Exactly. After Garrett was given some lee-way after a borderline late hit and then rolled on top of Rudolph and pinned him to the ground during a meaningless play in a game that was literally over, Rudolph apparently had the gall to refuse to say either "Mother may I?" or "Thank you, sir, may I have another?" Textbook instigator.
Date: November 18, 2019 11:28PM
"According to multiple reports, one of those fines will be given to Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph. Rudolph was hit in the face by his own helmet when Garrett ripped it off and used it as a weapon. The quarterback’s fine will presumably be for his actions leading up to that as he tried to yank Garrett’s helmet off while the two players scuffled ahead of the main fireworks. Rudolph and any other player fined or suspended for their roles in Thursday night’s melee can appeal their penalties to the league." [profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

So, let's review.
If a defensive player makes a borderline late hit on you, then tangles you up for all of two seconds, you can yank on his helmet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2019 11:29PM by Acer.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 19, 2019 04:27AM
No 100 yard pass by anyone either!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: datbeme
Date: November 19, 2019 09:39AM
Acer
So, let's review.
If a defensive player makes a borderline late hit on you, then tangles you up for all of two seconds, you can yank on his helmet.

Not condoning it or saying Rudolph doesn't deserve punishment. His actions added fuel to the fire. But we'll have to agree to disagree about who the instigator is. The way Garrett wrapped him up and wrestled him to the ground was very drawn out and unnecessary. Rudolph was reacting to that, and if I were him, I would have been pushing back too. In Garrett's defense, maybe he really didn't know Rudolph had shuffled the pass away before wrapping him up. But there is no defense for the his later actions.
Posted by: rz
Date: November 19, 2019 12:38PM
RgrF

Ah, the Sideshow Bob defense...
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 19, 2019 01:38PM
MrNoBody
No 100 yard pass by anyone either!

He doesn't have Antonio Gates on his team anymore. He doesn't have a single reliable receiver so when the clock winds down he gets to desperately flinging high risk passes. He's better than that. Rivers is a stud.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 398
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020