advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Old British TV & Cars Made of Steel!
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 25, 2019 01:14PM
One of the perks of watching the old Inspector Morse on PBS...

Jaguar Mark 2 (2.4L)

Steel, Leather, & Burled Walnut

What's yours??

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Old British TV & Cars Made of Steel!
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 25, 2019 01:49PM
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 25, 2019 02:15PM
LOL, I've just started watching Inspector Morse from Series 1, am at Series 2.

He had a spot of bad luck with the Mark 2, early on.

But it appears to have buffed right out.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: November 25, 2019 03:31PM
MrNoBody
One of the perks of watching the old Inspector Morse on PBS...

Jaguar Mark 2 (2.4L)

Steel, Leather, & Burled Walnut

What's yours??

I'm good with a Mark II, especially the later ones with curved windshields. I got to drive one once, if memory serves a '62 3.8 or thereabouts, and I liked it a lot: Comfy for four but no more and no pretense otherwise, smooth-but-not-billowy ride, surprisingly good handling and grip considering the narrow tires, and much more get-up-and-go than I expected. On the whole I was A LOT more impressed with the Mark II than the E-Type I drove, probably due to high expectations for the E-Type versus none for the Mark II, but I will say Jaguar did seem to have the sedan recipe nailed down in the late 50s/early 60s.

One like this, LHD but with dark red interior-

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2019 06:05PM by Thrift Store Scott.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 25, 2019 03:56PM

The Prisoner - 1966-68
Lotus Seven
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 25, 2019 04:04PM

Nothing British about it, and no TV show that I'm aware of, but boy would I just love a ride.....

1954 Pegaso Z-102 Berlinetta Series II

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 25, 2019 04:17PM
Nothing British about it, and no TV show that I'm aware of, but...

Can of sardines

devil smiley
Date: November 25, 2019 04:28PM
DeusxMac
Nothing British about it, and no TV show that I'm aware of, but...

Can of sardines

devil smiley

grinning smiley

Side note- Those must be some ultra high-quality sardines! I don't eat them but my grandfather loved 'em and ate them all the time and not once did I see him pull anything out of a sardine can that looked anywhere near that good.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Date: November 25, 2019 05:03PM
Maxwell Smart's '64 Sunbeam Tiger from Get Smart!!-

Posted by: davester
Date: November 25, 2019 05:31PM
The Avengers...John Steed's Bentley:

Same show...Emma Peel's Lotus:

...and don't forget Simon Templar (The Saint)'s Volvo P1800:

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 25, 2019 06:42PM
Lotus Seven and Elan are my light weight favorites.

Cortina!

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: November 25, 2019 06:56PM
Daisy and Onslow-

...and their backfiring Ford Cortina MK IV from Keeping Up Appearances-

Date: November 26, 2019 05:35AM
Basil Fawlty's ill-fated Austin 1100 Estate from Fawlty Towers-

Posted by: Frank
Date: November 26, 2019 07:09PM
Thrift Store Scott
Maxwell Smart's '64 Sunbeam Tiger from Get Smart!!-

I had one of those, a ‘67. Fun car!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020