advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What does this mean?
Posted by: Drew
Date: January 07, 2020 12:23AM
Sitting at my desk doing productive stuff with my Mac. Accidentally hit the height adjustment lever on my chair, dropping the level. This is annoying, because I'm kinda picky about the height and know that I will now need to micro-adjust a few times to get it right again.

For about 2 moments I scanned my brain trying to remember the command to undo the last change so that the chair would return to it's previous position. I'm not kidding.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What does this mean?
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 07, 2020 12:28AM
Hahahaha, you should have seen my SIL trying to zoom in on a picture on my MacBook Air with her fingers on the screen.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: January 07, 2020 12:32AM
Use paint, Liquid Paper, or fingernail polish to make a small reference mark for the exact right height once you get it dialed in again.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Date: January 07, 2020 12:45AM
Thrift Store Scott
Use paint, Liquid Paper, or fingernail polish to make a small reference mark for the exact right height once you get it dialed in again.

True, but prefer command-z.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 07, 2020 12:50AM
I would have long since committed Hara Kiri were it not for command-z.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: January 07, 2020 12:59AM
Time to reset your PRAM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 01:00AM by Mike Johnson.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: January 07, 2020 05:54AM
Mike Johnson
Time to reset your PRAM

And don't forget to rebuild your desktop.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 07, 2020 06:18AM
reset permissions.
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: January 07, 2020 06:50AM
Buy a new Mac Pro and max it out.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 07, 2020 07:10AM
fsck it
Posted by: 3d
Date: January 07, 2020 07:56AM
Drew
What does this mean?

Click baity subject lines usually means you are in need of social interaction either in life or online or both unrelated to the topic at all.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 07, 2020 08:42AM
Get it set and apply JB Weld.

Set forever

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Date: January 07, 2020 08:44AM
3d
Click baity subject lines usually means you are in need of social interaction either in life or online or both unrelated to the topic at all.

Well, it got me talking to you.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 07, 2020 08:49AM
It means you have a very good chair that doesn't suffer from slow leaks like most older chairs, and you don't have the muscle memory to reach for the lever like the rest of us do.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 07, 2020 11:09AM
3d
Drew
What does this mean?

Ouch!
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 07, 2020 11:27AM
Did you consider just lowering your computer desk?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 07, 2020 11:34AM
Don't forget the duct tape, it's gotta fit somewhere here.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 07, 2020 11:51AM
Don't forget to check the date codes.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: davester
Date: January 07, 2020 04:19PM
It means that you need to get away from your computer for a while. It also means that you need to devise more meaningful subject lines.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: January 07, 2020 07:01PM
davester
It means that you need to get away from your computer for a while. It also means that you need to devise more meaningful subject lines.

Got it. Apologies for the vagueness. Didn't mean to be overly cute or click bait. Just wanted to share a humor moment that I thought people on this board could relate to, but should have thought about a better Subject line.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 07, 2020 08:19PM
I wanna CMD-Z everything all the time. I'm like Peter Sellers in Being There
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 07, 2020 10:02PM
Drew

Got it. Apologies for the vagueness. Didn't mean to be overly cute or click bait. Just wanted to share a humor moment that I thought people on this board could relate to, but should have thought about a better Subject line.

I had a good chuckle, no apology needed. grinning smiley
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2020 07:33AM
....the ends......justify the.....mean(s).....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 08, 2020 12:16PM
Sounds like you have an extensions conflict
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 08, 2020 06:14PM
Presumably people here gripe about subject lines because they resent having to read a thread to see what it's about, thereby wasting their dearly valuable time. But, the same folks have ample time to gripe about anyone who doesn't make the effort to write an informative and comprehensive subject line...

soapbox smiley

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020