advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
sowing your wild oats?!....Starbucks adds oat milk option to menu and 2 non-dairy drinks......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2020 07:44AM
.......adds oat milk as option in mid-western states........as well as 2 new non-dairy drinks: Almond milk Honey Flat White......and the Coconut milk Latte......

Starbucks introduces new non-dairy drinks and tests oat milk

Starbucks is offering oat milk as a dairy-free milk option in Midwestern cafes.

Oat milk sales have skyrocketed 636% in the 52 weeks ended Oct. 26, according to Nielsen.

The coffee chain is also adding two dairy-free coffee drinks: the Almond milk Honey Flat White and the Coconut milk Latte.

....Starbucks announced Tuesday that it would introduce oat milk regionally and add two new dairy-free drinks to its U.S. and Canadian menus.

Oat milk will be coming to 1,300 cafes in the Midwest, including locations in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.

The coffee giant has slowly been dipping its toes into the latest trendy dairy-free milk. In March 2019, it announced that it would offer oat milk supplied by Elmhurst 1925 at five Starbucks Reserve locations, about a year after it started offering the dairy-free alternative in European locations. The oatmilk in Midwestern locations will be supplied by Oatly, the Swedish oat milk maker that kicked off the trend.

Oat milk’s surge started in late 2016 when Oatly entered the U.S. and targeted trendy coffee shops like Chicago-based Intelligentsia. Oat milk sales have skyrocketed 636% in the 52 weeks ended Oct. 26, according to Nielsen. But oat milk makes up only a small fraction of the larger alternative milk market, which reached $2.3 billion in 2018, according to Mintel estimates. At the same time that nondairy milks have been surging, Americans are drinking less cow’s milk.

With its sweet flavor and a smooth texture that froths like cow’s milk, oat milk has won over consumers and baristas alike. The dairy-free drink is made by soaking oats in water.

As Starbucks expands its list of nondairy milks, the coffee chain is also adding two dairy-free coffee drinks: the Almond milk Honey Flat White and the Coconut milk Latte. Both beverages are made with Starbucks’ Blonde Espresso and will be available in participating U.S. and Canadian cafes.

Midwestern customers will also be able to order an oat milk version of the Honey Flat White.

no wonder the 'real' milk industry is falling apart..............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: sowing your wild oats?!....Starbucks adds oat milk option to menu and 2 non-dairy drinks......
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 08, 2020 01:44PM
Heard good things about the Almond Milk Honey Flat White.

Bad things about the Coconut Milk Latte.

Re: sowing your wild oats?!....Starbucks adds oat milk option to menu and 2 non-dairy drinks......
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 08, 2020 01:55PM
Never tried oat milk. Anyone have an opinion, compared to cow or almond milk?
Date: January 08, 2020 01:58PM
Acer

Tastes like water that has been strained through oats.

As with almond milk probably no real nutritional value. Just carbs/sugar in your water.

Date: January 08, 2020 02:09PM
Sarcany
Acer

Tastes like water that has been strained through oats.

.....oat milk is basically oatmeal with water........blended and strained.....so basically dirty oat water......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 02:25PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 08, 2020 03:12PM
Wait, people pay for that?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 08, 2020 07:36PM
How can it possibly be oat MILK? First of all, oats aren't mammals, and second of all, even if they aren't mammals, they have no NIPPLES!
Date: January 08, 2020 07:44PM
......nip......tuck.....

Date: January 08, 2020 09:46PM
Racer X
How can it possibly be oat MILK? First of all, oats aren't mammals, and second of all, even if they aren't mammals, they have no NIPPLES!

Milk thistle.
Milk of magnesia.
Milk of bismuth.
Milk teeth.
Milk of human kindness.

It's almost as if "milk" simply implied almost anything kinda white or generally healthful.

Date: January 08, 2020 09:49PM
....milk....maids......????

Date: January 09, 2020 04:48AM
Sarcany
Racer X

Milk thistle.
Milk of magnesia.
Milk of bismuth.
Milk teeth.
Milk of human kindness.

It's almost as if "milk" simply implied almost anything kinda white or generally healthful.

Milk of Human Kindness....

Captain Lincoln F Stearn. Check and Mate.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 10, 2020 01:41AM
Racer X
Milk of Human Kindness....

Captain Lincoln F Stearn. Check and Mate.

[www.youtube.com]

Fallout 4 had a Milk of Human Kindness mini story line.

[youtu.be] Relevant lines start about 7:04 in.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: tronnei
Date: January 10, 2020 01:10PM
Acer
Wait, people pay for that?

My wife works for an oat milling and processing company. They're loving life these days.
Date: January 10, 2020 07:54PM
IT IS NOT MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oats HAVE NO NIPPLES!
Date: January 10, 2020 08:19PM
.....Oat just let me suck on her teet.......

Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 10, 2020 10:49PM
Milk it for what it's worth.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: January 11, 2020 02:41PM
Racer X
IT IS NOT MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oats HAVE NO NIPPLES!

Magnesia does?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 377
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020