advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just one solution away from being 64bit complaint - needs an HTML editor thingy
Posted by: hal
Date: February 12, 2020 03:32PM
Right now, I use Garagesale app for creating the html for my ebay listings. The idea of the app is that it's a one stop ebay creation machine. You have wysiwyg html editor and it will do all of the ebay stuff too.

But I only use it as an html editor and database. I have a list on the left of all my ebay listings that I have created sorted alphabetically. I can quickly find any past listing, make some fast changes for the current thingy that I'm about to list. A key combo to switch from text to Web view. I copy the html into ebay's listing setup and I'm done.

Everything remains in the app - it's doesn't create or export files unless I ask it to.

Garagsale has moved to a subscription format (isn't it LOVELY!?) and the last non-sub version is 32bit of course. I've set up a VM with this and I'm not thrilled with the process....

is there a wysiwyg html editor that will do what I'm wanting?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just one solution away from being 64bit complaint - needs an HTML editor thingy
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 12, 2020 04:10PM
>I've set up a VM with this and I'm not thrilled with the process....

Annoyed that its a little slow and resource intensive? Annoying to communicate between VM OS and native OS?

Re: Just one solution away from being 64bit complaint - needs an HTML editor thingy
Posted by: decay
Date: February 12, 2020 04:11PM
[www.lifewire.com]

---
Date: February 12, 2020 04:18PM
mattkime
>I've set up a VM with this and I'm not thrilled with the process....

Annoyed that its a little slow and resource intensive? Annoying to communicate between VM OS and native OS?

yes - all of the above plus a VM is just a rotten solution. Now that I'm down to just the one app, I want to replace it.

Espresso looks good, but it's $100.

Thanks for the list decay, but I've been over that one and many others just like it. Was hoping for a recommendation.
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 12, 2020 04:49PM
I mean, I get the subscription thing... but this is kinda your main bread and butter, right?

$12.50 a month seems... worth it?

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: February 12, 2020 05:07PM
jdc
I mean, I get the subscription thing... but this is kinda your main bread and butter, right?

why didn't I think of that? Oh wait... I did... $12.50 yesterday... $15 today... tomorrow ??
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 12, 2020 06:33PM
hal
jdc

why didn't I think of that? Oh wait... I did... $12.50 yesterday... $15 today... tomorrow ??

And $18 after that.

And candy bars used to be a dime, gas was a quarter and cheeseburgers were thirty cents.

ebay fees... up and up =)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: February 12, 2020 10:48PM
Sublime Text? The file heirarchy will just be your system. It's just an editor, not a database.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 13, 2020 06:45AM
$100 seems good price to me when the alternate is $12/month.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: February 13, 2020 11:47AM
Maybe the free version of BBEdit, or one of these:

[www.lifewire.com]

[www.jotform.com]

[brackets.io]
Posted by: August West
Date: February 14, 2020 06:57PM
I had espresso, and gave it up, the quick html I have to do goes through BBEdit freeware, bit has nothing to do with ebay.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: decay
Date: February 14, 2020 11:41PM
How many listings do you put on per month?

[www.iwascoding.com]

Single User License
You can use this license on up to two Macs if you are the only one using it.
Limitation: 50 listing uploads/month.
US$ 39.99

More than 50? Is eBay your main source of income, or a substantial source?

$12.50/mo doesn't seem horrible if you're making decent money from eBay sales.

What version are you using? 7 or 8?
[help.iwascoding.com]
both run under Catalina

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020