advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
batch adding old radio shows to iTunes
Posted by: davemchine
Date: February 21, 2020 10:50AM
I downloaded some old radio shows from iTunes but I'm struggling with how to add them to iTunes. Normally I run all media thru iFlicks which adds metadata and then puts the files into iTunes for me but iFlicks doesn't seem to handle radio shows. The filename looks like:
<show name> <air date> <episode number> <title>

So I could batch rename the files to subtract the show name from the title, add to iTunes with the air date at the beginning used to sort, but with no meta data. Clunky but it would work. Is there a better way?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: batch adding old radio shows to iTunes
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 21, 2020 12:07PM
Perhaps there is a Dougscript that fits your situation:

[dougscripts.com]
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 21, 2020 12:58PM
Media Rage used to rule for this, but hasn't had support for a decade or so and the developer site is down.

Try Yate.
[2manyrobots.com]

Posted by: hal
Date: February 21, 2020 01:46PM
I could never remember the name of media rage - I used to use that all the time. You can do some batch work in itunes, but not that much anymore...
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 22, 2020 02:34AM
I downloaded some old radio shows from iTunes

where from?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: February 22, 2020 05:05AM
Space, I got them from archive.org so all legally obtained. I downloaded Dragnet and Suspense. When I import into iTunes the track name is not the same as the file name. I assume this means there is meta data as that's the way it works for video files in iTunes. Also weird stuff happens like the air date and episode number are not in the correct fields.

I think the problem is that iTunes makes different fields available depending on if the file is audio (assumed music) or a tv episode. Since these files are mp3 iTunes assumes music but really I need the fields for a tv show (air date and episode number). It's not a perfect situation by a long shot. That's probably why iTunes charges for what is free on archive.org .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020