advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
::waaaaaaaahhh: 'We’re temporarily prioritizing the delivery of some items...'
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 30, 2020 02:55PM
Ordered in the wee hours this morning, it won't be until 29 April that my pizza cutter will arrive.

Until then, I'll have to use a knife, like a savage.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ::waaaaaaaahhh: 'We’re temporarily prioritizing the delivery of some items...'
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 30, 2020 03:05PM
I have the same one and used it yesterday. It works well.

Re: ::waaaaaaaahhh: 'We’re temporarily prioritizing the delivery of some items...'
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 30, 2020 03:08PM
a pastry cutter works very well

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: freeradical
Date: March 30, 2020 03:10PM
This is where large numbers of people are going to discover that Amazon isn't the only online retailer that has free delivery service.
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 30, 2020 03:14PM
“ Until then, I'll have to use a knife, like a savage. “

[vimeo.com]
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 30, 2020 03:26PM
You should have turned this into a poll as to when it will arrive. My guess is that you will get it in less than 1 week.

Several things that I ordered last week with end of April delivery are arriving today.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 30, 2020 03:33PM
freeradical
This is where large numbers of people are going to discover that Amazon isn't the only online retailer that has free delivery service.

Nothing will change. Just like most who say they’ll never shop at Walmart anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 03:35PM by Carnos Jax.
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 30, 2020 06:22PM
YOU MEAN I’VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG USING SCISSORS???? facepalm
Date: March 30, 2020 07:13PM
Your mistake wasn't using scissors.

It was using pinking shears.

I am that Masked Man.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 30, 2020 07:29PM
.....cut....or uncut......????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: March 30, 2020 07:33PM
I just don't understand you people. You post asking if a jar of pickles from 1955 is safe to eat, you own $10,000 cameras, stock portfolios, travel(ed) overseas and you DON'T have an extra Pizza Cutting Wheel in your homes?
Posted by: hal
Date: March 30, 2020 07:37PM
PizzaGod
I just don't understand you people. You post asking if a jar of pickles from 1955 is safe to eat, you own $10,000 cameras, stock portfolios, travel(ed) overseas and you DON'T have an extra Pizza Cutting Wheel in your homes?

spoken like a true PizzaGod!
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 30, 2020 09:09PM
LOL....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 30, 2020 11:14PM
I have a back-up pizza cutter as well as a 10" chef's knife.
Date: March 31, 2020 12:16AM
and you DON'T have an extra Pizza Cutting Wheel in your homes?

Don't have an extra?

I don't have any.

Son, I come from a time when pizzaristas took pride in their work, and when they made and sold you a pie, it was sliced all the way through with only thick hot mozzarella holding the pie together.

You'd lift a slice out and it would bend under the weight of topping and tendrils of cheese, with toppings starting to slide off. It was a race to catch them before they hit the plate.

That was then, this is now, with few pizza craftsmen left to had down the Old Ways to a new generation.

So what we get are people who phone it in - they run the cutter lightely over the pie, inside the perimeter of the crust, under the guise of supposed speed and efficiency.

And we're left to deal with the aftermath. NO MORE, say I. I will improvise, adapt, and overcome.

I'll get my own damn cutter.

I am that Masked Man.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 31, 2020 01:16AM
This is where you need your very own Space Command Space Marine "Astronaut" Swiss Army Knife with laser cutter.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 31, 2020 01:33AM
PizzaGod

I left mine overseas. grinning smiley

It is what it is.
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: March 31, 2020 02:47AM
RAMd®d

Don't have an extra?

I don't have any.

Son, I come from a time when pizzaristas took pride in their work, and when they made and sold you a pie, it was sliced all the way through with only thick hot mozzarella holding the pie together.

You'd lift a slice out and it would bend under the weight of topping and tendrils of cheese, with toppings starting to slide off. It was a race to catch them before they hit the plate.

That was then, this is now, with few pizza craftsmen left to had down the Old Ways to a new generation.

So what we get are people who phone it in - they run the cutter lightely over the pie, inside the perimeter of the crust, under the guise of supposed speed and efficiency.

And we're left to deal with the aftermath. NO MORE, say I. I will improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Just for context-when I started doing this NOBODY used a cutter. Pie came out of the oven and we'd use an oversized chef's knife, point down on one side and then with hand on the back of the knife near the handle just push down hard and slice. Turn halfway around and repeat into quarters, then eitghths.

Not a fan of the wheel, but it's a lot easier to store.
Posted by: Michael
Date: March 31, 2020 05:32AM
RAMd®d

Don't have an extra?

I don't have any.

Well said!!!
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 31, 2020 09:28AM
My Samurai sword works quite well for cutting pizzas and other items.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 31, 2020 09:50AM
No cutter in my home. I just use a big butcher's knife.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: digby
Date: March 31, 2020 10:39AM
Does no one else here use a 1.5 petawatt industrial laser to cut and cook the pizza simultaneously?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 31, 2020 11:01AM
digby
Does no one else here use a 1.5 petawatt industrial laser to cut and cook the pizza simultaneously?

Mine uses 1.21 "jigga"-watts.

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 31, 2020 11:20AM
....box cutter works just fine........just sterilize.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 31, 2020 01:29PM
Go old school...

==
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: March 31, 2020 03:09PM
...and the pizza slices were cut into triangles instead of those wimpy little squares!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 31, 2020 04:29PM
My favorite pizza place, Harris Pizza in the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA, Rock Island, IL), has always used oversized scissors.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 31, 2020 06:28PM
Rick-o
No cutter in my home. I just use a big butcher's knife.

hey, me too! works great
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 156
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020