advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
After Covid19 is over will there be a national Love In?
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 02, 2020 01:52PM
Don't mean in a snarky way, but so many who have had to stand alone as loved ones died,.... sickened. Or just being isolated for days and days. It seems a time for family reunions, renewed friendships and God forbid....HUGSemoticon_love
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: After Covid19 is over will there be a national Love In?
Posted by: Buck
Date: April 02, 2020 01:57PM
Oh, that kind of love-in. YES.
The other one -- I thought you were too old for that?smiling smiley
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 02, 2020 02:17PM

Posted by: davester
Date: April 02, 2020 03:03PM
First of all, we're not going to go from one day being in a pandemic to the next day being free and clear. There will be a long period of gradual readjustment and probably localized disease flareups. Secondly, I think that people will get used to the idea of avoiding contact and viewing others as potentially unhealthy to touch. Sadly, close social/physical contact is never going to seem the same again. Will Tinder survive?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 02, 2020 03:43PM
We've already seen a lot more of our neighbors (from a safe distance!) when we go out for our daily afternoon walk...
Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 02, 2020 04:09PM
Hi everyone,

I'm inclined to say the National Love-in is already taking place. I've no doubt nine months from now will be the start of a slew of births! But, I also agree with Davester, physical distancing will become the norm for quite a while and, once the pandemic has passed, will continue to be more prevalent.

Robert
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 02, 2020 04:21PM
Keep in mind that we WILL have three separate waves unless a functional virus is reached. Those three waves will each last about 3 months and will be about 3 months apart. We are in the middle of wave #1.

The purpose of the Stay At Home policies are NOT to keep people from getting it. It's to slow the spread so medical care isn't overwhelmed.

We're all gonna get it. (60-90%).

Stay healthy, stay safe. Work on boosting your immune system.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 02, 2020 04:28PM
Robert M
physical distancing will become the norm for quite a while and, once the pandemic has passed, will continue to be more prevalent.

Robert

No more so than after the 1918 Spanish flu Pandemic. People will be leery for a few months, maybe a year at the outside and then it will all be history and forgotten by many if not most. Life will return to normal.

Then someday it will all happen again, maybe worse.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 03, 2020 12:59AM
I already love everybody. That's why I have to kick ass. Tough love.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020