advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
About that free content on HBO
Posted by: steve...
Date: April 03, 2020 11:04PM
Starting today, as posted previously by pRICE here.

On my iPhone, HBOG0 says stream for free: no subscription needed.
On my Mac, HBOGO says the same.

On my RokuTV, HBONOW asks me to sign up for a free 7 day trial.

What am I missing?

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: About that free content on HBO
Posted by: timg
Date: April 03, 2020 11:06PM
nothing. it doesn't seem to be available on traditional entertainment devices. it's not available on my fire tv either.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Bo
Date: April 03, 2020 11:10PM
Aren’t hbogo and hbonow two totally different subscription models? One is via your cable company the other is ala carte
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 03, 2020 11:18PM
I was able to make HBO Go work on ATV. It wanted me to sign in but by clicking on the menu, it went to Movies, etc.

I watched an episode and a half of Veep and called it a day. I tried watching one movie that was not on the free list and it asked me to sign in.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 04, 2020 12:05AM
Bo
Aren’t hbogo and hbonow two totally different subscription models? One is via your cable company the other is ala carte

You are correct! Go is cable-free. Now is basically On Demand for HBO subscribers on Cable/Satellite, etc.

But they are exactly the same except for the payment part.

And just to make things more confusing, HBO Max is coming with extra channels or something like that!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 04, 2020 12:21AM
steve...
Starting today, as posted previously by pRICE here.

On my iPhone, HBOG0 says stream for free: no subscription needed.
On my Mac, HBOGO says the same.

On my RokuTV, HBONOW asks me to sign up for a free 7 day trial.

What am I missing?

Add the HBO Go channel to your Roku device boyeeee.

[help.hbogo.com]
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 04, 2020 02:25AM
Whatever effort it takes, if you've not yet seen The Wire - do the effort. It's simply the best crime series ever produced.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 04, 2020 03:07AM
RgrF
Whatever effort it takes, if you've not yet seen The Wire - do the effort. It's simply the best crime series ever produced.

I’ll second that ‘watch by hook or by crook’.

Best crime series ever? Definitely on the top podium, but I’d put two or three others up there with it. Even seeing it for the first time now, 18 years after its debut, it’s remarkably powerful. I regret missing the full impact of seeing it in its time.

Up there with The Wire I’d put The Sopranos, True Detective (the season 1 storyline and cast), Breaking Bad and Homicide: Life on the Streets.

If I wanted to make it crowded up top, The Night Of and the recent CBS All Access series Interrogation make very strong arguments for themselves having at least a foot up there with those others.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 04, 2020 08:36AM
Blankity Blank
Up there with The Wire I’d put The Sopranos, True Detective (the season 1 storyline and cast), Breaking Bad and Homicide: Life on the Streets.

Also The Shield.
Posted by: steve...
Date: April 04, 2020 01:13PM
vision63

Add the HBO Go channel to your Roku device boyeeee.

[help.hbogo.com]

Found the GO app on the Roku and things were looking good but HBOGO still wants me to sign into my cable providers's account to verify my HBOGO subscription. One site said ROKU was working on the problem — will try again later.

The good news is that TV on a 27" Retina iMac is not too shabby!

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 04, 2020 03:22PM
DeusxMac
Blankity Blank

Also The Shield.

The Shield is a show I’ve only dabbled in, respect, but didn’t really find it to my liking. I’m not even a little surprised to see a fan rank it with the best though. ;)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 04, 2020 03:37PM
Blankity Blank
DeusxMac
Blankity Blank

Also The Shield.

The Shield is a show I’ve only dabbled in, respect, but didn’t really find it to my liking. I’m not even a little surprised to see a fan rank it with the best though. ;)

"a key part...of the golden age of antihero drama, this thriller about likable – and utterly corrupt – cops broke new ground for bold, risk-taking television"
Posted by: ADent
Date: April 05, 2020 04:13AM
The Wire Season 1 is really, really good. S2 is pretty good. S3-4 really good. S5 is good.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 05, 2020 12:13PM
....so....good.....to the last drop.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 12:13PM by NewtonMP2100.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020