advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Serius XM... How do you cancel service when they don't answer the phone, respond to emails or reply to chat-requests?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 07, 2020 09:48PM
My XM radio subscription expired in March.

Two weeks before expiration, and before the lockdown, I tried to contact them to renew at a promo rate. Each time, I left the phone on speakerphone as I sat on hold for an hour and eventually got disconnected. So I submitted online requests for them to contact me.

They never contacted me.

As the expiration of my subscription approached, we went on lockdown and they stopped taking phone calls entirely. Their phone lines pointed to online chat -- which was down -- and while they offered to let you hang on hold until an operator was ready to pick up, they still automatically disconnected the call after an hour. Repeated this experiment a half dozen more times.

Submitted more email and web-form requests for them to contact me. No response.

The credit card that I originally gave them expired. At the end of my subscription, they tried to charge me at the full rate of about $200/year and failed to process the charge.

Now, I'm getting obnoxious collection calls from them. I answered the phone when I saw that caller ID was from Sirius XM, expecting that I finally had a response to all of my requests. But it was a collection agent who yelled at me that they were demanding payment.

So, I called to cancel service. They're not answering the phone. I tried submitting web-form requests. The web form is not working.

I tried online chat. Initially it said that there were 33 people ahead of me. All chats now time out after a half hour, so it never goes anywhere... Just tried again and now it says that there are 88 people ahead of me.

So how does one cancel service with a company that never responds??

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Serius XM... How do you cancel service when they don't answer the phone, respond to emails or reply to chat-requests?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 07, 2020 09:52PM
Find their actual corporate HQ address, send them a registered letter telling them to Eff Off, and ignore them. And when a collection's agent contacts you again, demand proof of the debt.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Re: Serius XM... How do you cancel service when they don't answer the phone, respond to emails or reply to chat-requests?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: April 07, 2020 09:55PM
They are the new AOL.

You can log into your account on the website, choose your radio, and select cancel from the dropdown window. Or if you still have the invoice they sent you in the mail write "CANCEL" on it and mail it back to them.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
I’ve added some recipes and spiritual thoughts as well.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 07, 2020 09:57PM
I guess that answers my question about should I consider restarting my XM. I never signed up after the free trial when I bought my car.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: April 07, 2020 10:07PM
davemchine
They are the new AOL.

You can log into your account on the website, choose your radio, and select cancel from the dropdown window. Or if you still have the invoice they sent you in the mail write "CANCEL" on it and mail it back to them.

All cancel requests open the chat window that never connects.

They haven't sent a printed invoice.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 07, 2020 10:09PM
Yikes! Is the chat or phone available 24 hours? If so, maybe try in the middle of the night.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 07, 2020 10:32PM
Call the 404 number for consumer help at Clark.com.

Call your Attorney General.

Send them a certified letter, return receipt requested.
Date: April 07, 2020 10:37PM
AllGold
Yikes! Is the chat or phone available 24 hours? If so, maybe try in the middle of the night.

Been trying all night. It times out after a half hour and then says that it's "reconnecting to your session," but it never does so.

I have to sign out and in again -- and sometimes flush caches -- to start a new chat.

Latest: 27 people ahead of you.

I think these numbers are coming up on a random number generator.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 07, 2020 11:03PM
.....people who need people......are the luckiest people......in the world.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 07, 2020 11:15PM
This is new... My latest attempt to get an agent via chat was just after midnight. (Been trying since about 7:30pm.)

The chat-bot put me in queue again, but somehow something I wrote or maybe just trying to get someone on chat after midnight triggered a new response:

Cancellation is handled by our special team which can be reached at 888-601-6302 between 8am and 11pm EST.

The phone number that I've been calling was 866-635-2349.

Posted by: Bo
Date: April 07, 2020 11:34PM
Sarcany
This is new... My latest attempt to get an agent via chat was just after midnight. (Been trying since about 7:30pm.)

The chat-bot put me in queue again, but somehow something I wrote or maybe just trying to get someone on chat after midnight triggered a new response:

Cancellation is handled by our special team which can be reached at 888-601-6302 between 8am and 11pm EST.

The phone number that I've been calling was 866-635-2349.

Please keep us posted. I need to cancel one car in two weeks and renew a separate one. Hadn’t thought about potential issues like this.
Posted by: Carm
Date: April 08, 2020 01:42AM
Gethuman has their customer service number as 866 635 5027
[gethuman.com]
We have used this website many times.

“866-635-5027
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Current Wait: 25 mins (24m avg)
Free: Skip Waiting on Hold
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 8am-8pm EST; best time to call: 8:05am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Change Services
Cancel My Services
Recover Account
Streaming or Download Trouble
Dispute a Charge
A different issue
Get to a live person fastest: Press 4
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we also partner with a US-based live technical support firm that can connect you with an expert now for a reasonable price. Click to learn about paying for expert help.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 01:43AM by Carm.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: April 08, 2020 04:02AM
Expedia is the same. When the Coronavirus mess started, an event that my daughter and I was cancelled and I wanted to cancel the room. The cancellation fee was the cost of the room, I called the hotel directly, they told me to get a hold of Hilton. Hilton was waiving the cancellation fees, so I thought this was the best option. Hilton answered, but told me since I had booked through Expedia, I needed to go through them. I never was able to get through to Expedia, similar situation as the OP, they wouldn't answer, then their phone system strangely "crashed" and said to call back later, this went on for over a week, as I watched the cancellation fee go on my credit card statement. I refuse to do ANY business with Expedia from now on.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 08, 2020 06:22AM
It’s ironic that large companies relying on call centers can’t set people up for teleworking. Hope you all get it sorted.
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: April 08, 2020 06:34AM
Went thru this for months with Ooma and what I learned is to pay for services like this that require a phone call or letter to cancel is to set them up on auto-pay on a credit card like American Express. Then when you want to cancel if you have ANY problems, just call the credit card company and have the payment blocked. Amex is very good at doing this. When you do this the service you're trying to cancel will do all the legwork in reaching out to you to try and find out why they're not getting paid which puts you in total control of the situation.
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 08, 2020 07:13AM
call to SUBSCRIBE, I bet they will answer that number, then ask to cancel.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 08, 2020 08:35AM
Post to social media sites and tag SiriusXM.
Posted by: d4
Date: April 08, 2020 10:01AM
Posted from 4 years ago>

"When buying a new car I hate when they push the "free" Sirius XM radio. I tell them flatly, no, i don't want it. But it's free!, they say. I don't care, I don't want it in my car."

Date: April 08, 2020 10:37AM
866-635-2349 was the number that I was provided with and instructed to call at the end of my trial.

This is the wrong number to call.

The number that popped up from the chat-glitch was the correct number.

When I called 888-601-6302 today, I got through to an agent in under 10 minutes and was able to cancel service.

Huge ordeal. Glad to be done with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 10:47AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Bo
Date: April 08, 2020 12:51PM
Sarcany
866-635-2349 was the number that I was provided with and instructed to call at the end of my trial.

When I called 888-601-6302 today, I got through to an agent in under 10 minutes and was able to cancel service.

Thx for this...will use it this week.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 08, 2020 02:04PM
Sarcany

I think I would have given up just before you did, and called my credit card and told them to cancel any future charges.
Date: April 08, 2020 03:07PM
mikebw
I think I would have given up just before you did, and called my credit card and told them to cancel any future charges.

As I mentioned in the OP, my CC expired before the end of my trial. They couldn't process new charges.

Instead of contacting me in response to my many MANY attempts to contact them -- or to simply ask for an updated card number -- just two weeks after the renewal date, they passed my account to a collection agent and I started receiving collection calls.

The agent that I ultimately spoke to said that they would waive those charges.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 08, 2020 03:54PM
Sarcany
Instead of contacting me in response to my many MANY attempts to contact them -- or to simply ask for an updated card number -- just two weeks after the renewal date, they passed my account to a collection agent and I started receiving collection calls.

That alone is reason to never do business with SiriusXM.

Date: April 08, 2020 04:55PM
AllGold
Sarcany

That alone is reason to never do business with SiriusXM.

And that is why I canceled without even considering any of their current promos.

In that moment when I picked up the phone to find a collection agent yelling at me that my account was past-due they immediately took me from "I don't particularly like the way you do business, but some of the radio channels are nice" to "I will never do business with you again."

Date: April 13, 2020 09:22PM
Follow-up:

I just received an email message replying to my inquiry from March 13th where I asked if someone could call me to discuss renewing my service on the $4.99/month plan.

They didn't call me.

They just reactivated my service on the $4.99/month plan and back-dated it so that I already owe them for a month's service.

This is unreal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020