advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Do you know anyone who is sick with COVID?
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 11, 2020 05:53PM
I mean do you directly know someone, as in having met them (more than once) and knowing their name, talking to them once in a while?

Father in law of a coworker that you never met does not count.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do you know anyone who is sick with COVID?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 11, 2020 05:56PM
Not yet. But I will.

The number of people who tested positive for the novel coronavirus reached a total of 1,427 cases as of Saturday morning and 64 people have died, according to the Minnesota Department of Health.

>>>>

In a no-mitigation scenario, the estimated peak is May 11, with an estimated top ICU demand reached April 20 and an estimated 50,000 deaths from COVID-19 in Minnesota.

With a stay-at-home order and social distancing until May 1, the peak is pushed back nearly a month until around June 8, aligning with the top demand on ICU capacity. While the top ICU demand is also higher — an increase from 3,300 beds needed in the first scenario to 4,500 in the second —the mortality rate is also lower, at 41,000 people.

If a long-term stay-at-home order for those most vulnerable were implemented, the peak in cases and the time until ICUs reached top demand are pushed back to June 8, with top ICU demand at 3,700 people and 22,000 deaths — almost half the deaths compared to a no-mitigation strategy.

Extending the stay-at-home order for everyone by four weeks pushes the peak to July 13, with top ICU bed demand at 3,300 and the same death count as the third scenario: 22,000.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2020 06:00PM by Speedy.
Posted by: tlh828
Date: April 11, 2020 06:22PM
No
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 11, 2020 06:23PM
Yes. My wife’s colleague who shares my wife’s office, chair, and computer. He’s a former colleague of mine.
He got sick, tested positive, but is doing much better now, after about 10 days.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 11, 2020 06:24PM
Former coworker had it and has recovered.

Posted by: lost in space
Date: April 11, 2020 06:38PM
Mother of a friend of our son's had it. We haven't had contact with the family for a few years, so no worries. She's mid-40s, moderate symptoms, very unpleasant for her, recovered now.

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: April 11, 2020 07:05PM
I suspect it’s been here much longer than we think, but until we’re testing 10-20 million people daily we won’t really be able to track or control it.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 11, 2020 07:10PM
My mom's friend's husband just died from it.

I've met him a couple of times.

Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 11, 2020 07:22PM
Former colleague: [www.seattletimes.com]

Editor’s note: Christy Karras is a Seattle-based freelancer who writes the Gather column for The Seattle Times’ Pacific NW Magazine. She wrote earlier about her experience with COVID-19. Here’s her follow-up story.

It’s been nearly two months since I and a handful of my friends were exposed to the novel coronavirus, and it’s been a month since we emerged, completely by accident, as some of the nation’s first people to recover from COVID-19. Recently, some of us gave what we hope will be many donations of antibody-filled blood for research into possible treatments and vaccines.

I’ve rarely been as excited as I was to give that blood. I won’t lie — part of it was the thrill of having a legitimate reason to climb into my car, drive downtown and meet new human beings for the first time since I got sick.

But more than that, I’m so happy to be able to do something. It’s easy for me, like others, to feel helpless in the face of an invisible enemy attacking all of humanity. For the most part, the best thing we can do is nothing — go nowhere, see no one but those in our households, engage in only what we can accomplish in our own homes or neighborhoods. It’s deeply frustrating.

My situation is a bit different, because I’m in a small but growing category: people who’ve recovered from COVID-19. And I’m wondering: What’s next for me and my fellow survivors? What role should we play in this new world we inhabit?

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 11, 2020 07:30PM
Nobody I know has publicized that they are/were infected.

The first death in my city was about 3 days ago but public-health/news has not released how they got infected.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Mr645
Date: April 11, 2020 07:53PM
My daughter is infected. Got sick last week, because she is young, 29 and healthy was told to go home, stay home and call 911 is she has trouble breathing or if her fever gets past 102.

She had a slight fever, was very tired, congested, lasted 3 full days, was feeling a little better yesterday and feels 90% good today.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 11, 2020 08:02PM
Not yet.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 11, 2020 08:09PM
None verified. I know someone who is living in a hotspot city who picked up a mild fever and some stomach upset (some people have that symptom). But they were never sick enough to seek testing. They won't know unless they get the antibody testing.
Date: April 11, 2020 08:38PM
Mr645
My daughter is infected. Got sick last week, because she is young, 29 and healthy was told to go home, stay home and call 911 is she has trouble breathing or if her fever gets past 102.

She had a slight fever, was very tired, congested, lasted 3 full days, was feeling a little better yesterday and feels 90% good today.

was she tested?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 11, 2020 08:52PM
Everyone at my partner's daycare/preschool had CV-19 symptoms right after everyone came back from Christmas break. My partner had textbook CV-19 symptoms week 2 and 3 of January. Like the bad flu, but different. One of her staff was tested Pos in February. She was likely the last to get sick.

We are confident that CV-19 has been here in Seattle since late 2019. Probably 25-33% of the Facebook employees here in Seattle are Chinese with work visas. As well as a percentage of Google or Amazon employees. I'm sure SOMEONE must have brought it here from holiday travel, or someone came here to visit one of them and brought it.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 11, 2020 10:11PM
Yes. An RV guru I’ve known for 5+ years. I hear he’s doing better but, is still in ICU. old fogey smiley
Posted by: Don C
Date: April 11, 2020 11:40PM
My wife's daughter and her significant other both have it. She is a nurse and was being very careful, but apparently not careful enough (only masks for PPE, so no surprise). She was told to self isolate but was not tested. Her guy was tested and confirmed.

He is several days behind her in the process. She has had fatigue and loss of taste. His biggest problem has been fatigue. Feels good for a couple of hours, then CRASH.

Both should be good to go in a week or two.

Wife and I are over 70 so I hope we don't make close contact too soon.
Posted by: blooz
Date: April 12, 2020 12:02AM
My children's cousin—ex-wife's niece— has it and is not having a good time, to put it mildly. My doctor thought that my "cold" of two weeks ago might have been a mild case of covid-19, but since there aren't any tests available, who knows, really?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Mr645
Date: April 12, 2020 06:42AM
mattkime
Mr645

was she tested?

Yes, her and her husband were tested, both tested positive, he has no symptoms.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 12, 2020 08:00AM
Not yet, that I know of.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: d4
Date: April 12, 2020 08:41AM
Wife's cousin.
Wife's coworker.
Wife's student and entire family.
My office receptionist (one of them)

Posted by: pdq
Date: April 12, 2020 09:27AM
Good friend’s brother died of it this past week. He was in his 50’s.

FIL’s in-home aide. She’s recovering/recovered at home, while we anxiously watch Grandpa for signs of infection (none yet).
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 12, 2020 10:41AM
A ski buddy of mine and his wife both had it and recovered at home without hospitalization. I also know a local nurse that was infected and is currently quarantining at home.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: April 12, 2020 08:26PM
Mr645
mattkime
Mr645

was she tested?

Yes, her and her husband were tested, both tested positive, he has no symptoms.

Gosh, that really describes an illness my whole family had before this all started. I keep rehashing this. Wonder if I'll ever know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020