advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Where are you going this weekend?
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 11, 2020 09:31PM
We are in pre-COVID Great Britain, learning about muggles and magic as authored by a former down-and-out author (who, spoilers, is now the second richest woman in real GB).

Where are you headed?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where are you going this weekend?
Posted by: wave rider
Date: April 11, 2020 09:38PM
We just left the Ozark, not sure of the next destination.

=wr=
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 11, 2020 09:39PM
....valhalla......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 11, 2020 09:41PM
Wandering around New Mexico trying to catch up with a disbarred lawyer with an unlisted phone number.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 11, 2020 10:07PM
I've promised myself that I would only travel to 'nice' places for the short term. I trend toward the dark, but that just isn't healthily these days,

Last night I visited the tumbleweed mecca, Los Angeles (Big Lebowski)

Tonight, Gloucester Island in Massachusetts (the Russians are coming)

(edit: HOLY @#$%&!! I just learned that the Russians are Coming was filmed in Eureka, CA) Did you know that Paul F?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2020 10:08PM by hal.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 11, 2020 10:16PM
Emergency ! Everybody from street !
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 11, 2020 10:17PM
sekker
We are in pre-COVID Great Britain, learning about muggles and magic as authored by a former down-and-out author (who, spoilers, is now the second richest woman in real GB).

Where are you headed?

ROTFL
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 11, 2020 10:18PM
ROTFL
Posted by: steve...
Date: April 11, 2020 10:28PM
hal
(edit: HOLY @#$%&!! I just learned that the Russians are Coming was filmed in Eureka, CA) Did you know that Paul F?

It was actually filmed in Fort Bragg/Mendocino, about 150 miles south via Highways 101 and 1.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 11, 2020 10:43PM
NewtonMP2100
....valhalla......

Went there last week.

First two trips were kind of dull, but the third one was a hoot!

Posted by: TheCaber
Date: April 11, 2020 10:52PM
hal
I've promised myself that I would only travel to 'nice' places for the short term. I trend toward the dark, but that just isn't healthily these days,

Last night I visited the tumbleweed mecca, Los Angeles (Big Lebowski)

Tonight, Gloucester Island in Massachusetts (the Russians are coming)

If only it were the case that Massachusetts *had* a Gloucester Island!

=TC
Date: April 11, 2020 11:11PM
If only it were the case that Massachusetts *had* a Gloucester Island!

Quite right. What Gloucester does possess, aside from a generally unpronounceable name, is a fisherman statue and whole lot of empty tourist attractions. The fishing fleet is, however, working overtime.

What Californians see when they look east, if they ever do, is a whole bunch of tiny states that, if superimposed, might occupy the land area of a few California counties.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 11, 2020 11:16PM
Haven't gone anywhere yet, and for sure won't be out on Easter Sunday in this town. Too much chance being near people here, who want to treat it as a normal Sunday.
Posted by: blooz
Date: April 11, 2020 11:55PM
Thought I'd spend some time in my studio, and if the weather is good I may venture as far as the deck.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 12, 2020 12:06AM
Maybe tour some of the world's best museums.

Oh, and make some fresh pasta.
Date: April 12, 2020 12:22AM
I stumbled across some award winning shorts on YouTube - the sort of stuff you might hear about at the awards shows but never actually go and see. Exceptional production values crammed into 10 to 20 minutes, the third one down is titled a tribute to Steven Spielberg and does that quite well.

The World Over

The Jigsaw www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs5zQBBOXrA
[www.youtube.com]

There are tons more of these out there - I'll be hunting down a few more tonight.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 12, 2020 01:08AM
I went to Dallas with a young woman named Debbie.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: April 12, 2020 01:42AM
RgrF
I stumbled across some award winning shorts on YouTube - the sort of stuff you might hear about at the awards shows but never actually go and see. Exceptional production values crammed into 10 to 20 minutes, the third one down is titled a tribute to Steven Spielberg and does that quite well.

The World Over

The Jigsaw www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs5zQBBOXrA
[www.youtube.com]

There are tons more of these out there - I'll be hunting down a few more tonight.

Have you seen the film made a couple years back about the Apollo 8 mission? It's been broadcast on PBS off and on. It is extremely well done and reverent in a way that makes one hopeful.
Date: April 12, 2020 02:33AM
Title?
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: April 12, 2020 07:43AM
Gonna drive by Jerry Falwell Jr's house and take pictures. It's for sale!

Update: Turns out, it's not Falwell Jr's house. Just a really expensive one.
home for sale

bunny smileyCentral VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2020 01:58PM by CJsNvrUrly.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: April 12, 2020 08:31AM
In defense of Gloucester, Ma it is a very scenic town with tons of wonderful restaurants. We usually get there at least once a year for one of the town's festivals.
Personally this Sunday, our weekly church zoom meeting, and cooking the ham and sides for an Easter dinner. Difference is, just the two of us at home, cooking a second ham and sides to deliver to a friends house where they are quarantined, as they are infected. Another food delivery is being brought to SIL's condo, as she is just not leaving the complex, she could get sick if someone even says they have something, she would be sick too.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 12, 2020 08:42AM
I have been walking all over Great Britain with Sir Tony Robinson, used to play Baldrick on Black Adder.
Highly recommend it, on Prime.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 12, 2020 09:19AM
Going from my kitchen downstairs to my office. If traffic isn’t too bad I may stop by my basement.

JoeM
Posted by: d4
Date: April 12, 2020 12:44PM
I visited Frank Miller's version of a dystopian Gotham City in Dark Knight Returns.
It's been over a quarter century since I last visited.

Date: April 12, 2020 02:19PM
RgrF
Title?

"Earthrise"
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 12, 2020 02:46PM
“ generally unpronounceable name “

Gloss-ta
Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 12, 2020 05:35PM
Sekker,

My family and I are doing the grand tour. First stop is the foyer. The we’ll scootch our way down the hallway. At that point, our lift to the lobby should be waiting for us. After seeing the sights, we’ll take the lift back to the hallway to the foyer. Then we’ll stop in the kitchen for a late afternoon snack and hit the john for a fast potty break before heading to the foyer again. We’ll scootch along the hallway and take the lift to the catacombs, i mean basement, to grab the car for a leisurely Sunday drive..

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2020 06:10PM by Robert M.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 12, 2020 05:47PM
Well, I had intended to do more work outdoors (rather than only at the movies), but Mother Nature has already dumped more than 6 inches of new snow!

Happy Easter!
Posted by: August West
Date: April 12, 2020 07:04PM
M partner sang in a music festival in Boston last summer, and after we rented a car and spent 7 - 8 days up on the north shore. Ate & walked about in Gloucester several times and loved the area. Definitely on the return to list.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 13, 2020 12:09AM
Didn't watch any TV this weekend!

Got really drunk Saturday night (half a 750 of Tequila!*). But I man'd up, woke up and started barbequeing for the fam! Made some chicken, sausage and steaks. Threw some bacon on the grill. Par-cooked it then let it smoke for 1/2 hour til it was done.

*Camarena Silver, 100% Agave

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: April 25, 2020 05:54AM
I was supposed to start my new temporary additional job at a surge COVID 19 hospital tomorrow, but thankfully, they don’t have patients yet. Just a hike today, a Zoom event tonight, and a small trip to Korea for tacos. Regular work tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020