Re: Quite a few Arcade1Up’s dropping to $50 at some Walmarts
Posted by: p8712
Date: April 21, 2020 11:05AM
Free infection with every purchase...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: April 21, 2020 11:46AM
not seeing those prices online, must be at individual stores...for myself, it's not worth taking an in-person trip just to see if there happens to be one available (that I want), and at a bargain price.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 21, 2020 11:46AM
They have too many products. Plenty of wall signs, bar stools, and replacement joystick handles come in under $60. Brickseek is pretty much useless without a UPC or SKU.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 11:47AM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 21, 2020 01:08PM
Use Brickseek’s “SKU Finder” and search “Arcade1Up”. The link for it is right on the Walmart Inventory Checker page, near the top.
Posted by: rouderon
Date: April 21, 2020 01:13PM
Thanks! Brickseek showed 'limited stock' for my local Walmart. Been eyeing these for a while now, but not, imho, worth $150-300 they've been advertised for. At $50 this is a good deal (plus, I believe you can convert this into a mame cabinet?). Anyway, I called and they were in stock - woot!
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: April 21, 2020 01:52PM
Been looking for one, but can't find any at that price. Can only find the TMNT machines in stock at $399. If anyone finds one, I'll pay for it plus shipping! Would probably still be cheaper than the prices here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 01:53PM by Gilbert.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 21, 2020 01:58PM
I think deal just got posted to Slickdeals, so y’all should probably hurry.
Date: April 21, 2020 02:36PM
Gilbert
Been looking for one, but can't find any at that price. Can only find the TMNT machines in stock at $399. If anyone finds one, I'll pay for it plus shipping! Would probably still be cheaper than the prices here.

Looking for what? Free standing cabinet, counter top, table model... which games do you want it to be able to play?

I have not really been paying attention. Can these be hacked to play all the games, or are they limited to only the two games advertised?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: April 21, 2020 02:40PM
Showed up on Reddit and the arcade specialty forums last night. A few lucky buyers got the $400 Star Wars cabs (very few of which were actually available in stores) for $50. I expect those are all gone by now.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 21, 2020 03:27PM
Will Collier
Showed up on Reddit and the arcade specialty forums last night. A few lucky buyers got the $400 Star Wars cabs (very few of which were actually available in stores) for $50. I expect those are all gone by now.

Yep.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 21, 2020 06:18PM
....are they....droppin' them....like they are hot.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 22, 2020 12:21AM
Looking for one of the free standing cabinets. Preferably a vertical game model (Galaga, Centipede, Pacman or Space Invaders). I am looking to mod it with a Raspberry Pi running Retropie to run mainly old 80s and 90s arcade games.

Filliam H. Muffman
Gilbert

Looking for what? Free standing cabinet, counter top, table model... which games do you want it to be able to play?

I have not really been paying attention. Can these be hacked to play all the games, or are they limited to only the two games advertised?
Date: April 22, 2020 08:16AM
Gilbert
Looking for one of the free standing cabinets. Preferably a vertical game model (Galaga, Centipede, Pacman or Space Invaders). I am looking to mod it with a Raspberry Pi running Retropie to run mainly old 80s and 90s arcade games.

Filliam H. Muffman
Gilbert

You might call nearby stores and ask if there's any remaining stock in the back. I understand that's been fruitful (no Pac-Man reference intended) for some.
Date: April 22, 2020 09:43AM
Hi Will,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Will Collier
Gilbert

Filliam H. Muffman
Gilbert

You might call nearby stores and ask if there's any remaining stock in the back. I understand that's been fruitful (no Pac-Man reference intended) for some.
Date: April 22, 2020 09:49AM
There is a single Final Fight cabinet about 15 miles from me. $200.

[www.walmart.com]

Gilbert
Hi Will,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Will Collier
Gilbert

Filliam H. Muffman
Gilbert

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 09:50AM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 22, 2020 10:14AM
The only one that I want is Star Wars... Sold out across the country so far as I can tell.

Date: April 22, 2020 12:42PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Gilbert

You can hack the crap out of them--by which I mean, you can pull the trash stock electronics and put in better stuff. People have hacked the stock motherboards for a few things, but IYAM that's not worth the effort. There are a ton of tutorials around for replacing the stock gear with a Raspberry Pi setup, and having full access to MAME is a lot better than screwing around with the limited stock board.

I myself hacked an Asteroids to make a 225-ish game multi using a $20 used Dell (Hackintoshed, natch) and a $10 thrift shop monitor, plus a bunch of old arcade parts I had sitting in a box. Lacking a box of parts, you can easily buy a joystick/buttons/USB encoder kit from Amazon, there are a ton of them around right now.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 22, 2020 08:52PM
.....some have said the quality of the build of these is not great.....rubbed off.....broken pieces....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 23, 2020 07:22AM
NewtonMP2100
.....some have said the quality of the build of these is not great.....rubbed off.....broken pieces....

They had a lot of QC issues in the first round of releases, and absolutely were not worth the full retail price. But for $50 (or $1, which is an actual price in some stores), it's a different story.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020