advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
tears on my pillow?!....don't wipe away your tears yet, antiseptic wipe won't be available until.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2020 08:23AM
......almost a year.......Clorox/Lysol wipes......

......morning show had rep. from supermarket chain......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: tears on my pillow?!....don't wipe away your tears yet, antiseptic wipe won't be available until.....
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 12, 2020 08:47AM
My Safeway had some "MediWipes" off brand wipes yesterday in soft packaging. It was the first time they have had any in 2 months. Limit one, and I stuck to that.

We've tried to be very conservative with our wipe supply, relying mostly on a lot of hand washing. The wipes get used for once a week shopping trips or when Mrs M has to go into school for a packet distribution.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Re: tears on my pillow?!....don't wipe away your tears yet, antiseptic wipe won't be available until.....
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 12, 2020 08:52AM
Newt,

That conflicts with reports I've seen in the other sources, all easily found via a google search. Apparently, demand for Clorox wipes increased by 500% and Clorox is ramping up production and working with additional suppliers to fulfill orders. They're hoping to have ample stock available by summer, in preparation for the possible second wave of the pandemic.

'course, disinfectant wipes aren't necessary. it's just as easy to use a spray disinfectant and a reusable or disposable towel for the same purpose. Spray disinfectant on surface, spread around, let it sit for the require length of time. Wipe off. Done. No muss, no fuss. I'm doing that with Steramine.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 09:10AM by Robert M.
Date: May 12, 2020 08:59AM
.....I read somewhere that there is also a shortage of the containers, so when they 'come back' it may be in softer packaging....

Posted by: Spiff
Date: May 12, 2020 10:58AM
I've also read that the woven paper product used to make the wipes is difficult to manufacture/get at this point, which could also be a choke point in the distribution of the wipes.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 12, 2020 06:33PM
I read that too Spiff.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 12, 2020 06:59PM
Robert M
Newt,

That conflicts with reports I've seen in the other sources, all easily found via a google search.

Yep.

[abc7.com]

"Wipes are in short supply right now, but the good news is we're delivering wipes to stores every single day," Rendle said. "Unfortunately, they're being snagged just about as soon as they hit shelves, many times within minutes. We've seen unprecedented spike in demand for wipes, up 500 percent versus a year ago, but we're working with everything feasible in our power to get as many disinfecting products to people as quickly as we can."

She said that while some people may be stockpiling wipes, the main reason for the recent shortage is that people who never bought them in the past are now purchasing them.

So when can shoppers expect to see a plentiful supply back on the shelves?

"I know that's the question on everybody's mind," Rendle said. "We will expect improvement come this summer. It will all depend on the demand but we are doing everything in our power to ensure that we get products to store and that includes running our cleaning plants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We began that in January. We're contracting with third-party suppliers who are helping make product for us, as well as ensuring that we are prioritizing making products that disinfect in our cleaning lineup and that's going to help us get into a better position in the summer."

Robert M
'course, disinfectant wipes aren't necessary. it's just as easy to use a spray disinfectant and a reusable or disposable towel for the same purpose...

Not for my use-case.

I carry a packet of wipes with me to job-sites and clean my work area before I sit down. Would be impractical to carry a big bottle of liquid and a towel or bunch of paper towels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 07:01PM by Sarcany.
Date: May 13, 2020 07:17AM
Sarcany,

Makes sense. If wipes are unavailable, I'd do a pocket sized spray bottle and a small package of tissues. Easily carried in a little pouch.

Just a reminder, each type of disinfectant requires a certain amount of time for it to do its job. If you use Clorox wipes, the a hard nonporous surface like a countertop or desktop has to be covered and visibly wet for a minimum 4 minutes for the disinfectant to do its job.

You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize that because they didn't follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Robert
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 13, 2020 09:07AM
Robert M
Just a reminder, each type of disinfectant requires a certain amount of time for it to do its job. If you use Clorox wipes, the a hard nonporous surface like a countertop or desktop has to be covered and visibly wet for a minimum 4 minutes for the disinfectant to do its job.

One of the nice things about the Clorox wipes is that they're very saturated and they'll easily soak a surface.

Date: May 13, 2020 09:13AM
....that's what she said.....!!!

Date: May 13, 2020 10:08AM
Sarcany,

Correct. You'd be amazed at how many people don't know how to use disinfectant wipes correctly. My guess is they've never bothered reading the instructions.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 408
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020