advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
a rose by any other name?!....the reason why Ruby Rose exited 'Batwoman'......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 20, 2020 11:43AM
......it seems she was not ready/aware of the long, demanding schedule of being the lead in a one hour TV show [ thus far she had been in movies and a Netflix series, working as a group ensemble cast, which is not as demanding ]......and did not acclimate well to Vancouver [ where the show is shot ].......

.......so was not happy....and became 'not fun to work with' as a result........

........so the exit was probably 'mutual'.....to some degree.....

Ruby Rose's Batwoman Exit: The Story Behind Her Shocking Departure

....Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.

Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Reps for Warner Bros. and The CW declined to comment for this story. Rose’s spokesperson, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment...........

too demanding......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 12:16PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: a rose by any other name?!....the reason why Ruby Rose exited 'Batwoman'......
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 20, 2020 12:05PM
Same sort of thing with Sasha Alexander/Kate from NCIS. Made it through the first 2 seasons, then it was too grueling for her.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Re: a rose by any other name?!....the reason why Ruby Rose exited 'Batwoman'......
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 20, 2020 12:41PM

Well, the plot lines were getting a bit much
Posted by: Mactel
Date: May 20, 2020 04:15PM
Didn't that happen with the first Janeway in Voyager? She bailed out before the first episode aired though so no continuity problems...
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 20, 2020 08:44PM
I think the CW should hire a gay male drag queen to portray Batwoman for next season. Almost all of the dropouts from RuPaul's Drag Race would be more believable fighting criminals hand-to-hand than twig-thin Ruby Rose, they could take the costume from frumpy to fabulous in one episode, and the witty retorts they'd ad-lib might finally make the show entertaining.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 23, 2020 04:24PM
Thrift Store Scott
I think the CW should hire a gay male drag queen to portray Batwoman for next season. Almost all of the dropouts from RuPaul's Drag Race would be more believable fighting criminals hand-to-hand than twig-thin Ruby Rose, they could take the costume from frumpy to fabulous in one episode, and the witty retorts they'd ad-lib might finally make the show entertaining.

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!
Everyone knows a 105lb Woman can kick every single 250lb guys ass with a single punch! Go back to your cave!!!

Besides, she wasn't "Gay Enough"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020