advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Region 2 DVD
Posted by: Kate
Date: May 23, 2020 06:16PM
I inadvertently bought a region 2 DVD, OOPS! I have the Apple silver external DVD player for my computer. Is there any way to change the region to 2 then back to 1? Or remove the regions entirely?

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Region 2 DVD
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 23, 2020 06:29PM
With most computer-DVD players, you have the ability to switch it to one or another region 5 times and then it's region-locked. It should prompt you when Apple's DVD Player app opens. I think Apple's SuperDrive is no different in this respect.

...But a better solution is to use VLC to play the video. With most (not all) DVD drives, it should ignore the region-coding.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 23, 2020 06:34PM
.....what was said above.....better to avoid changing it because inevitably one will forget how many times it has been changed.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 24, 2020 07:54AM
I don't remember details, but wasn't there a way tp play in in VLC regardless of regional code? or maybe rip it and play the file, without changing the region code?

if you decide to change it to 2, then rip the Damn DVD and then change it back to 1. In the future play the file, not the DVD.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: May 24, 2020 10:39AM
Or just rip and re-burn the DVD. Most of the rip apps will remove region coding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020