advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
interesting auction, particularly if you're in the market for an entire school room of furniture
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 16, 2020 01:26AM
Some other interesting stuff.

[www.biddergy.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: interesting auction, particularly if you're in the market for an entire school room of furniture
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 16, 2020 01:44AM
Looks really sad, Why the auction?
Re: interesting auction, particularly if you're in the market for an entire school room of furniture
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 16, 2020 01:54AM
RgrF
Why the auction?

www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2020/06/15/lansing-schools-auctioning-off-former-eastern-high-contents/3192203001/

It would be nice if someone could buy it all and send it to a different school in need.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 16, 2020 02:09AM
Looks like they allowed a pick and choose so the remainder would be not very attractive - basically a junk sale.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 16, 2020 04:05AM
This is actually not too sad, and not the typical story of closing a school which will be abandoned and derelict. They closed the building but are moving the kids to a newer building. The building was purchased by the hospital next door.

They already took out all the memorabilia and some of the other stuff they want for the new building.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 16, 2020 04:30AM
but they left a 2 pot coffee maker!

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: MikeF
Date: June 16, 2020 10:17AM
I can finally afford to learn to play the tuba.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 16, 2020 12:21PM
That giant Hobart stand mixer sure caught my eye.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: June 16, 2020 12:23PM
That was a neglected building. Still wooden desks? Still chalk boards? It looks like it was boarded up 40 years ago and just reopened.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 16, 2020 01:25PM
10 years ago, my kids private school was shutting down. My daughter's class bought their student desks and chairs. I still have the desk in my garage.

I bought my son's teacher's desk. Solid wood, over 200lb. There is a stamp that says 1949 on it.
Those things are alot bigger than they look in a classroom, 4' x '6. My wife uses it as her home office desk daily.

My son says he will take it with him when he buys his own home.

Barring a fire it will likely be in use in 2049!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 16, 2020 02:52PM
Rolando

That was the original intent. It's rare that a school gets new furniture, unless it's a new school. Most of them never get new teacher gear. Bigger districts have small warehouses with all the junk furniture, it just gets shuffled around … kind of like some students.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 16, 2020 03:01PM
bfd
Rolando

That was the original intent. It's rare that a school gets new furniture, unless it's a new school. Most of them never get new teacher gear. Bigger districts have small warehouses with all the junk furniture, it just gets shuffled around … kind of like some students.

Pretty sure 90% of modern furniture won't last that long!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: d4
Date: June 16, 2020 04:12PM
Grrr... It's not a "trumpet". (Or a small tuba) It's a baritone horn!

[www.biddergy.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020