Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
woohoo! the RYFs Apple RAM deal arrived today - hope some of you got in on it
Posted by: hal
Date: June 27, 2020 01:30PM
[forums.macresource.com]

Real honest t'god Micron RAM with an Apple label in an Apple box. Whatta deal. 16GB for $30

edit: just tried on a 2010 mini - no go as expected, but it did work on the 2011 mini as expected:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 01:38PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: woohoo! the RYFs Apple RAM deal arrived today - hope some of you got in on it
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 27, 2020 01:37PM
I broke down and ordered, thanks. Hope it fits my kids 2012 MBPs.

Just found out their school is giving everyone chomebooks if you dont have a laptop. I said "awesome" you guys can use your MBPs -- and then I got a chorus of -- the battery doesnt last, its heavy, too big for my backpack, it slow (SSDs they arent) -- and the real kicker "my friends all have new macs".

To which I tossed out the old "if your friends jumped off the empire state building..." old fogey smiley

One has 4 GB, the other 8, and they prob dont need more... but hoping it will help with resale in a few months.

thanks again for the tip!

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: woohoo! the RYFs Apple RAM deal arrived today - hope some of you got in on it
Date: June 27, 2020 01:57PM
It will work in the 2012s

"and the real kicker "my friends all have new macs".

oh, OUCH!! lol

"if your friends jumped off the empire state building..."

that never worked! I would say, but why would my friends jump on the Empire State Building - that makes no sense. Wanting a new MBP - THAT makes sense. :-)
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 27, 2020 02:02PM
Ha!

Their 2012s are very clean, one has a small dent, but they have been in plastic cases since we bought them used -- so still look great. Sadly, looks like they wont run Big Sur... hoping with the SSD + extra ram they sell for $400+

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: June 27, 2020 03:13PM
Damn! I missed out on this. I would have loved the upgrade on my MBP 2012 and Mac Mini 2012. If anyone ordered extra, please let me know.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 27, 2020 05:19PM
DavidS
Damn! I missed out on this. I would have loved the upgrade on my MBP 2012 and Mac Mini 2012. If anyone ordered extra, please let me know.

Still available at link in original thread.

It is what it is.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 27, 2020 05:57PM
N-OS X-tasy!
DavidS

Says "Out of stock" when I look at it.

Also noticed that the specs in the ebay listing say that it's ECC Memory, Hal is there any you can check to see if that's actually true?
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 27, 2020 05:57PM
N-OS X-tasy!
DavidS

Shows '0 available'. Odd.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 27, 2020 07:54PM
I went to the PO to pick up a couple of Flat Rate boxes and my POB.

It must have been delivered after I left.

This should fit my 2015 iMac, but I'd have ordered another set if I'd realized it would fit my 2012 mini.

It's at 12G as one 8G stick has apparently go bad and will have to go back to Crucial.

It's nice to get in on a deal instead of missing it...

...by that much.

Thank you hal.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 27, 2020 08:29PM
Not nearly as enticing but if you need an 8GB kit of a little slower RAM from the same seller:
[www.ebay.com]

Tempting as it was, I didn't get in on the deal hal posted because I didn't have a use for it. My only machine that could use it already has 16GB.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 28, 2020 12:35AM
sekker
N-OS X-tasy!
DavidS

Shows '0 available'. Odd.

My bad -- I assumed that because the listing is still up, the deal was still active.

It is what it is.
Posted by: kledo
Date: June 28, 2020 11:13AM
Hal,

Thank you so much for suggesting the RAM. It arrived in yesterday's mail and I just installed it this AM in a 2012 MacBook Pro. Joy emanates from the screen!

Thank you again!

--Kledo
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 29, 2020 06:08PM
Woohoo! Thanks Hal. Got mine today. Haven't decided yet where it'll go... 2014 Mac Mini or 2012 MBP probably.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: June 29, 2020 08:16PM
yer welcome y'all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020