advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any known method for finding a Wistia video URL
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 27, 2020 06:50PM
Ability to download a wistia video is always changing and the Chrome extension I had doesn’t work on pages such as:

[discover.teachable.com]

However, if I can locate the actual URL of the Wistia video, then the downloaders will generally work.

I can Show Page Source, but I don’t know how to search for the Wistia video URL.

If anyone knows the trick these days, please pass it on.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any known method for finding a Wistia video URL
Posted by: clay
Date: June 27, 2020 07:13PM
Not sure if there's going to be a good way. This link brings up the video, at least for me at this moment. But not sure whether there's a good way to grab the download;

[cdn.embedly.com]
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 27, 2020 07:28PM
For videos of this sort, I usually use Firefox and the Video Download Helper plug-in ... it is usually able to download hard-to-access videos and was able to get the MP4 file in this case.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 07:28PM by PeterB.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 28, 2020 07:39AM
PeterB
For videos of this sort, I usually use Firefox and the Video Download Helper plug-in ... it is usually able to download hard-to-access videos and was able to get the MP4 file in this case.

Hey, that works, PeterB! thanks for the suggestion. I tried using the Chrome versions of downloader, but none of them worked. The FireFox version has a weird interface which I couldn't figure out (too many options), but it worked. It downloaded the video in mp4 to a folder in my home folder of all places, but it worked! thanks again.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020