Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The Washington (Racial Slur) football will have a new name
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 13, 2020 12:05AM
[www.espn.com]

The Washington _____ will officially announce Monday morning that they will be changing their nickname, though no new name will be revealed just yet, a source confirmed Sunday night.

It had been widely expected that Washington would change its name, and one source said Saturday night that an announcement of a new name would come soon.

The franchise said on July 3 that it would undergo a thorough review of its 87-year-old name that some viewed as offensive. By that point, multiple sources said, team owner Dan Snyder already was engaged in talks with the league about a possible new name. Multiple sources said the name would be changing, but there was nothing official from the team.

Snyder had, for years, resisted any consideration to change the name -- telling USA Today in 2013 to "put it in all caps" that he would never make such a move. Some who have worked for Snyder said they believed he would rather sell the team than use a new name. While it's uncertain what the next name will be, it is one a source close to the situation said Snyder was excited about.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Washington (Racial Slur) football will have a new name
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 13, 2020 12:48AM
Washington Sunburns
Washington Rashes
Washington Allergic Reactions
Washington Infections
Washington Embarrassments
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 13, 2020 12:49AM
Let Snyder be the one to announce his own personal choice of a new name The Washington Savages.

Were it not for James Dolan the owner of the Knicks & Madison Square Garden, Snyder would be the least accomplished tone deaf owner in all of professional sport.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 13, 2020 04:39AM
Today's announcement is that the name will change, not what the name will be. The new name will not be announced until trademark issues have been resolved. All that is known is that it will supposedly honor both Native American's and the military.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 13, 2020 07:04AM
July 2: FedEx letter
July 3: We'll do a thorough review
July 4: We (owner+coach) have a new name
July 5-present: Trademark dispute

It's nice to see they all took this seriously.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 13, 2020 07:40AM
Well, I’ll be... I never thought Snyder would budge.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: digby
Date: July 13, 2020 08:42AM
I sent their front office a quick sketch of a redskin (potato) in a helmet, running with a football. I explained that it'd mean they wouldn't have to change the name.

If that's their decision, I'm telling everyone it was my idea.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: July 13, 2020 09:14AM
I think they should create an online poll and let the Internetizens pick the new name.

My prediction of the result is: Footbally McBallface.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: July 13, 2020 09:28AM
TheTominator
I think they should create an online poll and let the Internetizens pick the new name.

I bet Concussion Mcbraindamage would beat it.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 09:28AM by M A V I C.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: July 13, 2020 12:04PM
M A V I C
TheTominator

I bet Concussion Mcbraindamage would beat it.

Yes, I agree. That does sound more likely.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 13, 2020 01:31PM
Well that Onion Article will finally no longer be accurate!

[www.theonion.com]
Redskins’ @#$%& Owner Refuses To Change Team’s Offensive Name
WASHINGTON—Denying widespread claims that the franchise is being offensive or disrespectful, the Washington Redskins’ @#$%& owner announced Monday that he remains steadfast in his refusal to change the team’s derogatory name. “The Redskins represent 81 years of great history and tradition, and it’s a source of pride for our fans,” said the hook-nosed @#$%&, stressing that the team’s insulting moniker is “absolutely not a racial slur by any means.” “‘Washington Redskins’ is much more than just a name. It stands for strength, courage, and respect—the very values that are so intrinsic to Native American culture.” The shifty-eyed @#$%& went on to assure fans that he will do “everything in his power” to preserve the team’s proud heritage.

Censored by the Phonum. I'd like to see the Former name of the team censored as well!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020