advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Currency converter widget not working
Posted by: lost in space
Date: July 17, 2020 10:50AM
On EC 10.11.6. Different currencies don't appear. How to fix?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Currency converter widget not working
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: July 17, 2020 10:59AM
Mojave 10.14.6. I had the same problem with my Stock widget. It worked beautifully for years and then suddenly stopped working. I've never been able to get working again. I miss it.
Posted by: clay
Date: July 17, 2020 11:03AM
MindMeld
Mojave 10.14.6. I had the same problem with my Stock widget. It worked beautifully for years and then suddenly stopped working. I've never been able to get working again. I miss it.

Yup. it stopped for me maybe a month or two ago, not connected to any particular system update, I don't think. Weather one no longer works either. I'm also on 10.14.6

My pessimistic assumption is that they use these little inconveniences to get us to want to upgrade to Catalina in the hopes that the widgets will start working again. It seems like such a trivial thing that they should be able to get working again if they had the desire or inclination to do.
Posted by: numbered
Date: July 17, 2020 11:33AM
The widgets are breaking most often because the code is reaching out to a data source where the third party APIs have changed (very often Yahoo sources.) And since Apple deprecated Dashboard and then killed it in Catalina, no one wants to invest.

In the case of the Apple weather widget, a guy on MacRumours fixed it for those willing to get an API key for a weather source and a mapping source. It works again, but this is obviously not a real solution.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 17, 2020 03:34PM
out of the 10 or so I used to have, perhaps 4 still work.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020