advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
why the hell isn't there a loading indicator when the iphone redownloads an app?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 21, 2020 09:28PM
srsly...do apple engineers never fill up their iphones?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: why the hell isn't there a loading indicator when the iphone redownloads an app?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 21, 2020 11:54PM
If you observe from the home screen, you just see a circle during the download and the circle fills while the app is being installed.

But if you observe in the App Store, there's a circle and dot animation illustrating the download progress.

...If you aren't aware of how much capacity remains on your iOS device, it will display a message when storage is nearly full.

That seems to be sufficient for most purposes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 11:56PM by Sarcany.
Re: why the hell isn't there a loading indicator when the iphone redownloads an app?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 21, 2020 11:59PM
I've seen it. The app gets darker and "pie chart" fills up on the icon.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: July 22, 2020 12:17AM
But where is the app among all the other apps? I’d have to go hunt it down. I find it easier to search for apps I use infrequently

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 22, 2020 08:34AM
mattkime
But where is the app among all the other apps? I’d have to go hunt it down. I find it easier to search for apps I use infrequently

pull down in the center of home screen, type the first few letters of the App
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 22, 2020 08:42AM
Matt,

Not sure why you're asking "where is the app among all the other apps?" as if this is an Apple issue. By default, if it's an app that is new, it'll be placed in the next available space on a screen. If it's an update, it'll display in the same location. Despite that, it's on you to know where an app has been placed on the screens of the phone, not on Apple.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2020 08:42AM by Robert M.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 22, 2020 08:51AM
Siri open Shazam

bum, done, no fuss no muss
Posted by: d4
Date: July 22, 2020 08:56AM
It's in Settings. Scroll down to General. Then scroll down to First World Problems. About half way down.

Date: July 22, 2020 10:00AM
Robert M
Despite that, it's on you to know where an app has been placed on the screens of the phone, not on Apple.

Yeah, I think thats an oversight on Apple's part. Desktops don't have this problem.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 22, 2020 10:05AM
Matt,

Nope. No oversight or issue on the part of Apple. It’s an issue because you’re making it one.

Robert
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 22, 2020 10:30AM
It's an issue that looks to be addressed in iOS 14.

One of the things that Apple has been lazy about, possibly harkening back to Jobs not wanting native apps or an App Store, is the organization of apps.

The methods provided so far are (DANCE, icons! and iTunes) are poor half measures.

And in further Apple fashion, I don't know haw much control we'll have in Apples next step in organization.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020