Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A possible MYF...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 28, 2020 07:25PM
... that's a mosey, you fools...

Some time back, I was asking about a good upright reading pillow (sometimes referred to as a "husband pillow", I'm guessing because husbands like them?) ... a decent one of these will typically go for a minimum of $65-75 on Amazon... there was one particular one I'd been watching for awhile which had been hovering at $78 for a long time; just didn't feel like paying that much for one of these.

Then I noticed a new player in the field ... basically the same thing as the $78 one, but for much less. Looked good, went ahead and ordered it, and I can now vouch that this is indeed a deal!:

[www.amazon.com]

If you're in the market for one of these, it's rare to find something of this quality for less than $50 shipped. Comes in different sizes and different colors; I got the large (which includes the two additional pillows) in Blue Heaven. My one complaint is that the colors on the webpage aren't quite accurate -- I would say that what I received looks more like the Ice Blue, but for the price, I can't complain; and also, they sell the covers separately, so it's possible to change colors. It is YUGE and very, very comfy. I'm thinking this would make a great gift, too... can think of at least a couple of family members who might want one.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 07:26PM by PeterB.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A possible MYF...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 28, 2020 07:36PM
with a couple of paste on eyeballs, it's also a Teddy Bear!

Posted by: rgG
Date: July 28, 2020 07:41PM
BTW
Generally, these pillows are called a husband pillow. This is because they are supportive and have arms that wrap around and further support the user, much as a husband would supportive his wife who was laying up against him.

grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 28, 2020 07:51PM
....won't the wife pillow get jealous....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: July 28, 2020 07:56PM
NewtonMP2100

Actually, I would think it'd be the husband who'd get jealous. With one of these pillows, no need for hubby...

And for us guys, DO we get to call it a wife pillow? Something just sounds wrong about that. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 07:56PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 28, 2020 09:57PM
PeterB
NewtonMP2100

Actually, I would think it'd be the husband who'd get jealous. With one of these pillows, no need for hubby...

And for us guys, DO we get to call it a wife pillow? Something just sounds wrong about that. grinning smiley

Of course, and no arms needed.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: blooz
Date: July 28, 2020 10:51PM
Can you sleep a night with one of these? To hell with reading. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and never could get used to a mask, so instead I lost weight and started sleeping with three pillows so I'm about halfway sitting up. Works well, but keeping the pillows aligned in sometimes problematical.
I sleep best sitting on my sofa with one big pillow for back support and feet up on a coffee table. But I'd like to replicate that in my bed.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Date: July 28, 2020 11:02PM
blooz
Can you sleep a night with one of these? To hell with reading. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and never could get used to a mask, so instead I lost weight and started sleeping with three pillows so I'm about halfway sitting up. Works well, but keeping the pillows aligned in sometimes problematical.
I sleep best sitting on my sofa with one big pillow for back support and feet up on a coffee table. But I'd like to replicate that in my bed.

If you could sleep sitting up, I don't see why not. I would say if you put one of these against a headboard or a wall, you won't have a true 90 degree angle, but it'll be close. Me personally, I tend to naturally slouch, so I'm more at like a 45-60 degree angle.

Oh and I should mention (for anyone considering one of these), as with many memory foam products, it smells awful for a couple days after you take it out of the vacuum packaging. They recommend either letting it expand to full size on its own, or putting it in a dryer on a no-heat setting and giving it a gentle tumble to expand. There's a video on the Amazon page with a young lovely demonstrating the various features of this pillow, and she does a great job of showing all the pillow's features, how to get it to expand, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 11:02PM by PeterB.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 29, 2020 07:56AM
....what happens if one gets a divorce........??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 29, 2020 04:54PM
Was the price $47.xx when you posted this?

much as a husband would supportive his wife who was laying up against him.

Yeah, that only happens when I want to warm or exercise my hands.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: July 29, 2020 06:44PM
RAMd®d
Was the price $47.xx when you posted this?

Yup ... that's an all-time low for it, according to camelcamelcamel and such.

Different colors and sizes might be higher or lower (not surprisingly, the medium and petite are lower).

Also, I'm informed by the seller on Amazon that there are likely to be more colors of the large cover coming in within the next 1-2 months, so anyone like me who might want to get a second cover of a different color, they'll probably eventually be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 06:45PM by PeterB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020