advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Refrigerators with Internal Water Dispenser
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 13, 2020 08:10PM
who came up with these? you need to open the door each time you need a glass of water? we have one of these in the new house and I hate it.

Mine is KitchAid. The one that leaks. I just saw the WhirlPool variant on sale. No, not going to get one with internal water dispense. These seem very energy inefficient to me.

[slickdeals.net]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Refrigerators with Internal Water Dispenser
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 13, 2020 08:11PM
....don't internalize your hate for it......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 13, 2020 10:15PM
My last refrigerator had an internal dispenser. I felt it was much more space efficient especially since there was no ice dispenser. When I went to replace it I didn't see that option so I now have the typical french door arrangement.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
I’ve added some recipes and spiritual thoughts as well.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Robert M
Date: August 13, 2020 10:35PM
Space,

I prefer the internal water dispenser. Standard dispensers in the door take away a tremendous amount of what would otherwise be usable storage. The GR Profile fridge in my previous apartment had an internal water dispenser. Missed that design terribly when my wife and I moved to our current apartment.

When we had to replace the fridge, we did without the water dispenser altogether. We keep a jug of water in the fridge instead. if we need that extra bit of space, we just remove the jug. Want extra cold or ice water? Grab some ice cubes from the ice maker in the freezer.

We decide to do without the water dispenser since they are notorious for failing and causing problems.

Robert
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 13, 2020 10:42PM
Understood. I didn't choose this fridge, it came with the house.

Why does the door dispenser take so much space? the internal dispenser fits in the wall, it should be possible to make an external dispenses with that low profile. OK maybe the ice dispenser takes space, but at elks make a water dispenses with low profile.
Posted by: iaJim
Date: August 13, 2020 11:06PM
I thought I would hate our internal water dispenser, but I don't mind it at all. I'm not getting water all the time, and our external dispenser in the old fridge leaked cold air all the time from the ice maker. I think this is more energy efficient.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 14, 2020 03:36AM
Love my LG with external water and ice dispenser, large enough for tall water bottles. The make it slimmer, making the internal storage on the door usable.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 14, 2020 07:40AM
....isn't an internal water dispenser called a.....bladder.......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 14, 2020 08:00AM
space-time
who came up with these? you need to open the door each time you need a glass of water? we have one of these in the new house and I hate it.

Mine is KitchAid. The one that leaks. I just saw the WhirlPool variant on sale. No, not going to get one with internal water dispense. These seem very energy inefficient to me.

[slickdeals.net]

It's energy star rated...$74/year (@ 12 cents/kWh)...you're not going to find much better given the capacity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020