advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
drove all night?!....Walmart offering free 'drive-in' movie theaters at 160 stores.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 14, 2020 08:03AM
......Aug 14 to Oct. 21......

Walmart launching drive-in movie theaters at 160 stores amid COVID-19. Here's how to reserve a parking space.

....Walmart parking lots across the country are being transformed into drive-in theaters.

From Aug. 14 through Oct. 21, the retailer will have 320 movie showings at 160 of its stores, including "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," "The Wizard of Oz," "Black Panther" as well as animated movies like "Cars" and "The Iron Giant."

Walmart in early July announced plans to show free movies, which are being curated by the Tribeca Film Festival, and on Wednesday released the list of the movies with dates and cities where the movies would be shown.

Starting at 5 p.m. ET Wednesday, consumers can sign up to reserve a parking space for a viewing at thewalmartdrivein.com.

"We recognize the challenges our customers and their families have faced over the last few months, and we wanted to create an experience where they could come together safely to create new memories," Janey Whiteside, Walmart’s chief customer officer, said in a news release Wednesday. "The Walmart Drive-in is one small way we’re supporting the communities we serve."

this is link to......article......?!

this is the link to the Walmart 'drive-in' website.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2020 08:06AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: drove all night?!....Walmart offering free 'drive-in' movie theaters at 160 stores.....
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 14, 2020 08:46AM
This is cool.
Re: drove all night?!....Walmart offering free 'drive-in' movie theaters at 160 stores.....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 14, 2020 09:06AM
The two nights at our Walmart is already sold out (upon checking, every showing in Florida is sold out).

Ours were Lego Batman and Space Jam

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 14, 2020 09:09AM
The two nights at our Walmart is already sold out (upon checking, every showing in Florida is sold out).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: SurfMacJpMtb
Date: August 14, 2020 09:28AM
Texas is sold out too

Long time Mac user
Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 14, 2020 10:26AM
Radiating out from my location ("Closest" - Show More) indicates that every single location in the US is sold out.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 14, 2020 11:33AM
Los Angeles to Carson City, NV for a free movie - whatta' deal!
Posted by: d4
Date: August 14, 2020 11:50AM
Not one Asian main (or even supporting) actor in any of those 9 listed movies. Do better.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 14, 2020 05:21PM
The Alameda County Fairgrounds is doing 'pop-up drive-in movies.

Interestingly, it states masks must be worn at all times.

Strictly reading that and not 'interpreting' anything, I'd say that means even while in the car.

That seems odd to me, so maybe that statement is in error.

Earlier, I talked to someone who's been their twice and it was sold out.

They limit attendance so there's spacing between cars.

The person I talked to say everybody wore masks outside their vehicles, as would be expected.

Anyway, I like the concept.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 14, 2020 07:19PM
WalMart? Meh.

Our hometown drive-in theater is taking a break this weekend but will have "Unhinged" (Russel Crowe) on the 21st.

They usually do better as a restaurant tho, and the "concession stand" is open this weekend. Pretty darn good fast food, and it almost looks like an old lunch counter inside except there's nowhere to eat. I suppose they allow people to eat in their cars. Like a Sonic Drive-In, except you don't get served and the burgers are a zillion times better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020