AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers @ Costco $100 - Starts 9/2/20
Posted by: steve...
Date: August 27, 2020 09:20PM
According to Slickdeals, at the Costco warehouse or Costco.com

Starts 9/2/20
valid until 9/27/20

They're currently $140 at Costco. I think I paid $100 on sale for mine about 20 years ago and have been very satisfied although I did need a not-too-difficult repair to the subwoofer.

If I'm not mistaken, non members can order with an additional 5% fee. Not sure about shipping.

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Computer Speakers @ Costco $100 - Starts 9/2/20
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 27, 2020 09:53PM
hmm, maybe an early b day gift.

I have monsoon m-1000s, been great for 20 years -- but the sub is gone... and any sub I find is $100... so right back to the same $$

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Carm
Date: August 27, 2020 11:13PM
From what I read when I was looking a while back. Good price for klipsch. Goes for this price when on sale.

I love my 400watt 12in Klipsch Sub. @ Costco $189.00 also on sale in September. Reg. 249.00
The bass helps with the movie theater experience, since we will not be visiting a movie theatre anytime soon. Also picked up klipsch book shelf speakers when both were on sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 11:15PM by Carm.
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 27, 2020 11:57PM
Im also considering some book shelf speakers, like some Edifiers -- but worry about bass -- i like bass =)

Id like bluetooth, so would need an adapter for the Kiplsch.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 28, 2020 04:47AM
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm definitely in for one set. I had mine repaired last year for a subwoofer issue, it cost me $85 at the Klipsch-authorized repair center. This summer, the left speaker went silent, I suspect the amp failed and took out the speaker as well. I called to set up an appointment to get this repaired and was informed that the repair center had reevaluated the costs associated with repairs and had adjusted repair price on the Klipsch speakers to $179. I told them, do you know you can buy a brand new set from Klipsch for $149? She said yes and sighed.

Now my speaker system will become another item for the landfill. As if our land needs any more junk added to it.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: wurm
Date: August 28, 2020 07:25AM
I tried repairing my Klipsch pro-Media sub a few months ago...unsucessfully. Thankfully, my wife is happy with just the satellites. The sub on the floor is just a place to set the Apple TV box now.
Posted by: August West
Date: August 28, 2020 01:37PM
Good experience with these for me, too. They are older bought as refurb many years ago. SO repurposed (stole) them from me some time ago, and I recently got some Presonus Erin 3 or 3.5 to use as my computer speakers. I'm happy with them, too.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2020 01:37PM by August West.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020