advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hunter ceiling fan globe
Posted by: DP
Date: September 02, 2020 11:20AM
The Model # is 23736 and the Cat. No. is 23736-001. I don't know the name they called that model but it's obviously an art deco retro design. My wife bought it back in the '90s and I just finished repainting the fan blades as they had gotten yellow over the years. Also, you can see it has no globe over the bulbs as the original was broken years ago and I had found a similar globe looking thru bins in a lighting store. It wasn't an OEM one, and I proceeded to break that one last year! The diameter of the opening is 8" with a lip for supporting the globe which just sits in the opening. I figure a globe with an 8 1/4 or 8 1/2 inch diameter should work.

Here's a screenshot from a Pinterest page my wife found showing the other model and you can see the globe. I should add that is is fairly "thick" so that it clears the light bulbs. The replacement I found was wide enough but it just barely hung lower than the bulbs.

I've gone to eraplacementparts.com but haven't found an exact replacement. I found this:

[www.ereplacementparts.com]

but before I waste any more time asking if it fits my fan, I thought I'd check first with this august forum for your opinions as to other sources.

TIA...

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hunter ceiling fan globe
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: September 02, 2020 11:51AM
Here's a possibility. The diameter looks about right although the description lacks real clarity. The globe might fit.

[www.amazon.com]
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 02, 2020 12:26PM
Have you contacted Hunter directly?

They sell replacement parts for many of their fans. Might be worth calling to ask. The last time I needed a globe for a fan they had living native-english speaking people answering the phone. It was refreshing.

Here's the original manual for that fan:
[s7d5.scene7.com]

Help Center
1 (888) 830-1326
Mon-Fri 8AM to 6PM CST
Sat 11AM to 5PM CST
Email Us: customercare@hunterfan.com

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2020 12:26PM by ztirffritz.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 02, 2020 12:43PM
I like MM's idea... might give you the option to add some extra style points to the glass globe.
I'm a sucker for opal/alabaster glass products, so any opportunity for such an upgrade is a winner. If the glass fits, wear it.
==
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 02, 2020 12:47PM
....why Hunter and not Gatherer.......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: jonny
Date: September 02, 2020 02:54PM
Wow... I just sold a Hunter globe on ebat last week! But for a different fixture.
Posted by: DP
Date: September 02, 2020 03:46PM
Thx, all, for the help!

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020