advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
taco dirty to me?!.....Taco Bell removing and adding to menu......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 03, 2020 07:32PM
.....removing Mexican Pizza and shredded chicken....adding new Chicken Chipotle Melt and Dragonfruit Freeze......

Taco Bell removing Mexican Pizza and shredded chicken from menu, adding new Chicken Chipotle Melt

....Taco Bell fans, get ready to bid farewell to more longtime menu options.

The fast-food chain announced Thursday that in November it will remove Mexican pizza, items with shredded chicken – including the Shredded Chicken Soft Taco, Shredded Chicken Burrito and Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melt – as it continues to streamline the menu.

Fresh diced tomatoes also are scheduled to replace pico de gallo and a couple of new items will be added like the new Chicken Chipotle Melt and Dragonfruit Freeze.

The menu revamp comes after Taco Bell removed a dozen items in August including the Grilled Steak Soft Taco, 7-Layer Burrito, Quesarito, Nachos Supreme, Beefy Fritos Burrito, Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, Loaded Grillers, Chips & Dips and the Mini Skillet Bowl.

“We’re constantly evaluating ways to provide a more efficient restaurant experience, and have already begun to see progress from streamlining our menu,” said Mike Grams, Taco Bell president, global chief operating officer, in a news release. “While we know fans may be understandably sad to see some of their favorites go, this evolution of our menu truly paves the way for fresh new ideas."

The new Dragonfruit Freeze, a tropical frozen beverage, will be available nationwide starting Sept. 24, which is the same day Taco Bell also will start to test a new Quesalupa in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Quesalupa could be added back to restaurants nationwide in 2021, the chain said.

On Nov. 5, the Chicken Chipotle Melt will be added to the Cravings Value Menu at restaurants nationwide starting at $1. The melt includes "marinated all-white meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together." Also in November, a green sauce returns to select markets.

Quesarito returns

While the Quesarito was one of the items removed from menu boards in August, Taco Bell said Thursday that it can still be ordered.

"While the Quesarito may be gone from our restaurant menu boards, there was never a need to fully say goodbye," Taco Bell said. "You can still order the Quesarito digitally via our mobile app, which allows for a more seamless ordering experience.

run for the..............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: taco dirty to me?!.....Taco Bell removing and adding to menu......
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 03, 2020 07:55PM
Not the shredded chicken burrito...its been my goto for several years...small size, chicken not over seasoned, rice, no beans and a spicy avocado sauce. It was also one of the cheapest items on the menu.

Perfect for quick drive thrus on the road...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 03, 2020 08:53PM
Without the opportunity for steak soft tacos, my desire for Taco Bell has plummeted.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 03, 2020 09:36PM
Sarcany
Without the opportunity for steak soft tacos, my desire for Taco Bell has plummeted.

This ^

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 04, 2020 12:28AM
I can't believe the mexican pizza is gone. Not that I've ordered one in years but it used to be a staple.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 04, 2020 05:51AM
For the most part, all Taco Bell food seemed to tasted exactly the same to me, save the chicken taco.

So the only thing I order is the Mexican pizza, which I really enjoy.

I'll miss it.

Yes, I can order almost anything else from them and get the same taste, but the pizza was easy to eat without a taco shell breaking up.

I still have El Pollo Loco, so all's not lost.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: September 04, 2020 06:18AM
Not that I ever go there, but cheesy potatoes and seven layer burrito?!?! Gone??
Posted by: d4
Date: September 04, 2020 07:19AM
Taco Bell is the 3rd largest fastfood chain in 'Murica behind only McDonald's and Subway. (I'm not counting Starbucks.) Although no one ever admits to eating there, it's massively popular.

Date: September 04, 2020 07:24AM
It would probably be my top pick for fast food - I just never eat fast food.
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 04, 2020 08:59AM
I can’t believe this.
They screwed me over first when the got rid of the 7-layer veggie burrito, which was my go to.
Now, they took away a fav of my husband, the shredded chicken burrito.
What the heck do they think they are doing?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: September 04, 2020 10:10AM
Haven't been to TB since Gidget mysteriously vanished...

Always handy if you're a fast food addict:

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Mactel
Date: September 04, 2020 10:45AM
What the heck is TB doing? First the steak and now the shredded chicken. No more TB for me, the wife only ate those!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 04, 2020 12:42PM
No 7-layer, no love.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 04, 2020 02:29PM
rjmacs
No 7-layer, no love.

I tried to “customize” and make my own 7-layer the other day.
I got it almost right. It doesn’t make sense to me to drop an item where you still have all the ingredients.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: September 04, 2020 02:47PM
Is it that hard to smear ingredients on a tortilla??
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 04, 2020 04:56PM
d4
Taco Bell is the 3rd largest fastfood chain in 'Murica behind only McDonald's and Subway. (I'm not counting Starbucks.) Although no one ever admits to eating there, it's massively popular.

I love Taco Bell. About a year ago, they removed the "Combo Burrito" from the menu. I thought about the first time I ordered one. That was in 1969. I wrote them a letter complaining that they took away a menu item I've been eating for 50 years. I felt old writing it. You can order it now, I'm sure my brethren weighed in with me, but on the receipt it'll say "Bean Burrito with meat."
Date: September 04, 2020 04:58PM
rgG
rjmacs
No 7-layer, no love.

I tried to “customize” and make my own 7-layer the other day.
I got it almost right. It doesn’t make sense to me to drop an item where you still have all the ingredients.

Yes, makes no sense.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 04, 2020 09:17PM
I bet if enough people complain they will bring back an item.

Posted by: Carm
Date: September 05, 2020 12:41PM
[Rant]Sorry if I offend anyone, but IMHO Taco Bell is garbage and their naming/creating of food items... just don’t make @#$%& up. I know I’m biased, being close to the border and growing up eating real Mexican food. I never had the urge to go there.

What d4 said about being the third largest . Wow. Well that explains the movie spots. I never hear, “let go to Taco Bell”, I guess because we have better options locally.

Mom and pop shops being the best. Rubio’s fish tacos almost as good as my ex MIL’s fish tacos.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 05, 2020 01:00PM
Carm
Mom and pop shops being the best. Rubio’s fish tacos almost as good as my ex MIL’s fish tacos.

You're thinking about it wrong.

Taco Bell makes no effort to be comparable to authentic Mexican food.

It's not even comparable to a solid meal.

It's junk food that you cram/scoop into your gullet when you get a craving on the way home from work or after a movie or at 2am coming home from a bad party.

Date: September 05, 2020 02:22PM
Sarcany
Carm

It's junk food that you cram/scoop into your gullet when you get a craving on the way home from work or after a movie or at 2am coming home from a bad party.

Yeah, its not "Mexican Food." Its Taco Bell.
Posted by: Carm
Date: September 05, 2020 03:45PM
Sarcany
Carm

“Not even a solid meal”, LMAO... There are more options at the end of the day/night. Denny’s being the number one after going out to a club with friends. Dell Taco is another option to stuff your belly in a hurry. But if that’s your only option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2020 03:45PM by Carm.
Posted by: Cary
Date: September 05, 2020 08:11PM
Carm,

If I were in LA/SD, I would never eat Taco Bell. If I wanted fast food "Mexican", I'd goto the Green Burrito, or La Salsa, or maybe El Pollo Loco, or maybe Poquito Mas.

None of those are options in most of the country.

Separately, I just went to tb's web site. You can still order a soft taco, and replace the beef with steak, so it's still available, just takes a tiny additional step...
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 05, 2020 11:21PM
Sarcany

THIS...
Taco Bell is for when you only have $4 to your name, and you need something for lunch, or in the wee hours when NOTHING else is open, you run through the drive through and grab something over-salted with whatever mix of the five or so ingredients they use in everything.
Since our explosion of very good taco trucks locally about 6-7 years ago, I've had no need to go to Taco Bell. A couple bucks more and I get some actually GOOD food.
Plus, our local Taco Bell has the slowest drive through in North America... it can take 30 minutes to serve 4 cars (when I'm #5, and #6 has me locked in...).

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020