advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Are there foods you can't get enough of, not because they taste so good, but because they don't hit the spot?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 25, 2020 03:45PM
I have just done it with chicken and dumplings. It's good, but I can't get enough and eat it until my glucose gets too high.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Are there foods you can't get enough of, not because they taste so good, but because they don't hit the spot?
Posted by: d4
Date: September 25, 2020 04:16PM
Mashed potatoes and gravy.

Re: Are there foods you can't get enough of, not because they taste so good, but because they don't hit the spot?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 25, 2020 04:17PM
How about some gussied up tater tots?

[www.huffpost.com]
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 25, 2020 04:52PM
all of them?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 25, 2020 05:05PM
....can't get enough of your love baby.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 25, 2020 06:25PM
None of them.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 25, 2020 08:24PM
jdc
all of them?

Yup.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 25, 2020 10:26PM
Mediocre pizza
Posted by: davester
Date: September 25, 2020 10:47PM
I'm not sure what the question even means.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 25, 2020 11:41PM
If it doesn't taste good, why is it addictive?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 25, 2020 11:45PM
mrbigstuff

It does taste good; it is implied in the OP. It doesn't satisfy you, though. So you have to eat more and more, trying to get satisfied.

It tastes good but it's not satisfying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2020 11:50PM by Dennis S.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 25, 2020 11:46PM
Dennis S
mrbigstuff

It does taste good; it is implied in the OP. It doesn't satisfy you, though. So you have to eat more and more, trying to get satisfied.

Ah, well that's the "magic" of carbs.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 26, 2020 12:23AM
davester
I'm not sure what the question even means.

Ditto. The only thing that's maybe coming to mind for me is peanuts. I love the taste of the nuts, but I just don't get satisfied by the whole nuts as I do from peanut butter. But it's not like I'll eat more and more of the nuts to get satisfied; I usually stop because I know I won't get satisfied.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 26, 2020 01:32AM
A lot of snack foods are designed to be addictive. Just tasty enough to make you always want a little more. I don't know what to add to chicken and dumplings to make it more satisfying, a tablespoon poultry seasoning, pepper, and salt...

Doctors are working on what gets triggered when you eat. Hopefully it will result in some real advances in weight control but I expect it to be another 20 years before the obesity epidemic starts turning around.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: September 26, 2020 07:49AM
......potato chips [ you can have just one ]....?????

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 26, 2020 10:47PM
I expect it to be another 20 years before the obesity epidemic starts turning around.

I agree, given the affect of COVID on eating and exercising, unless COVID consquences were implied in the 'epidemic' of your post, rendering this one unnecessary.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 26, 2020 11:44PM
The obesity epidemic that has been growing over the last 40 years.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 27, 2020 06:51AM
Soup.. no matter how good, I'll still be hungry

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: September 27, 2020 09:51AM
.....no soup.......for you......!!!

Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 27, 2020 10:17AM
Ombligo
Soup.. no matter how good, I'll still be hungry

Not a big fan....exept when its cold. Then I will eat until I'm stuffed

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 58
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020