advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A fungus among us?
Posted by: DP
Date: September 27, 2020 09:49AM

Or a bacteria? Our Cleveland Select pears are looking bad this year and I noticed it's all of them around here!

Our local home & garden place says it's a fungus and it will kill the pears. What? No treatment or fix?

So I started googling and found it's either Pear Leaf Blight-a fungus-or Pear Leaf Rust-a bacteria, and both seem treatable. I looked at treatments but it seems like a confusing array of sprays, etc.

Anyone else suffer this and what does this august forum say for solving it?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A fungus among us?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 27, 2020 12:08PM
Had this issue with ficus this past winter.
Obviously not the same type of plant, but funk is funk.

I sprayed as per the bottle with Safer Garden Fungicide.
Those trees recovered very nicely after the 1st spray, though I did it again 10 days later as per the bottle.

You could try baking soda and water mix. But I'd look at the safer.
If your state has an agie extension, see what they say.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Re: A fungus among us?
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 28, 2020 01:44PM
Do you have a garden center around you that does landscaping design/installation, etc? If so, they probably have someone on staff that has qualifications to help identify the issue and treatment options. This is not something to go to a big box or even most home centers with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020