advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Building codes-
Posted by: mikebw
Date: February 23, 2007 06:17AM
Just looking up residential building codes in my area, and it seems that I have to pay for access to these rules. Is that right? I mean shouldn't this stuff be made public? Maybe since I am looking online the only stuff I can find is made available from some 3rd party service who can charge whatever they want. Maybe if I go to my county government directly they would have the same information for free?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Building codes-
Posted by: Mr645
Date: February 23, 2007 06:54AM
I think my county charges 50ยข per page for all copies of almost anything. I would certainly go direct to the county. A third party cant really be doing anything in your favor except perhaps put multiple things in a book for you

"he is going to start WW3!!!!"
Posted by: Chupa Chupa
Date: February 23, 2007 07:10AM
The main branch of the library will have it. Don't go to Building Code. They'll just laugh at you + you'll probably have to wait in line while they are working with builders and contractors trying to get their plans approved.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: February 23, 2007 08:25AM
Don't know where you live, but here is some from Long Beach, CA, that are online:
[www.longbeach.gov]

While certainly not definitive, it's a good start. The library for Uniform Building Code (UBC) is the best bet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020