advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
[FOLLOWUP] Shark Rocket Pro Dirt Engage Cordless stick vacuum (was Vacuums--Anybody using a Dyson V8, V10, or V11? Miele HX1)
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 28, 2020 09:28AM
[FOLLOWUP] Shark Rocket Pro Dirt Engage Cordless stick vacuum (was Vacuums--Anybody using a Dyson V8, V10, or V11? Miele HX1)

Hi everyone,

Just following up on a recent thread started by Anonymous. Ended up grabbing a solid deal on a Shark Rocket Pro Dirt Engage Cordless stick vacuum from hsn.com. It’s a last year’s model.

[www.hsn.com]

We’ve had our Hoover for more than a decade and it’s designed like a normal upright vacuum. The Shark Rocket Pro is more like a Dyson or Tineco. So, we had to adapt to work with it. So far, so good. The vacuum sucks and sucks well! And, yes, it hit all the features I wanted in the vacuum.

Sucks well. User-replaceable battery. Good for wood floors, rugs and carpets. Freestanding when stored. Controlls work well. Ample power. Ample attachments. Didn’t feel as top-heavy as the Tineco.

The Rocket Pro is noticeably longer overall than the Hoover. Less of an issue if you suffer from tall person's disease. Since my wife and I are both on the shorter side, it just took a bit of adapting. Same goes for working with the hinged design. You have to push a button and lower the top to put the vacuum into freestanding mode for storage.

That same hinged design allows you to have the vacuum head and main tube practically flat on the floor. Easy to get under chairs, tables, chests of draws (with legs), etc. So far so good.

Is it as good as one of the Dyson models? No clue. So far, it works and works well. The wife is happy. smiling smiley

Robert

Original thread:

[forums.macresource.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: [FOLLOWUP] Shark Rocket Pro Dirt Engage Cordless stick vacuum (was Vacuums--Anybody using a Dyson V8, V10, or V11? Miele HX1)
Posted by: neophyte
Date: September 28, 2020 09:40AM
Any idea how well it would work on cat/dog fur on carpet?
Re: [FOLLOWUP] Shark Rocket Pro Dirt Engage Cordless stick vacuum (was Vacuums--Anybody using a Dyson V8, V10, or V11? Miele HX1)
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 28, 2020 10:00AM
Wife emailed me that same HSN deal... but decided to wait. We ahve a V7 now, and its pretty much turned into our primary vaccuum.

Moving to a new home in march, with 2 stories (after living single story for 18 years) and thinking about a second stick vaccum.

We have an older full size Dyson purple something that rarely gets used anymore... the V7 has pretty much completely replaced it.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 28, 2020 10:03AM
....so it......sucks.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: September 28, 2020 10:11AM
Neo,

Hard to say. We've only had it a few days and we don't have any pets. Three people with long hair but no pets. The old Hoover did a good enough job on hair. The Rocket Pro is even better. That it has a head designed to prevent hair from getting tangled in it should help. Hair got tangled in the brushhead of the Hoover enough times that it got annoying. Had to remove the brush, cut the hair out and put it back in again quite a few times.

Robert
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: September 28, 2020 10:49AM
Robert M
...Had to remove the brush, cut the hair out and put it back in again quite a few times.
Robert

Simple fix, get a small wire brush & with the brushroll spinning, clean it using
a 'light touch'. No disassembly or cleanup required, it's how vac shops do it!
89¢ @ Harbor Freight

NewtonMP2100
....so it......sucks.....??
It sucks even better when you add the right logo...

devil smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: Z
Date: September 28, 2020 12:16PM
We had the good fortune of buying a cabin a bit out of town earlier in the month and the old vacuum relocated there.

Purchased a Dyson V11 Animal+ last week and have been pleased with it thus far. Looked at the Dyson Ball they had on display as well but when I hefted it up, the 10 lb weight savings V11 seemed to be worth the small premium. Like the light weight and maneuverability.

A mix of carpet, wood, rugs and tiles in the house here with three dogs at about 2,000 sqft. Haven't run into battery issues yet, but haven't tried to vacuum the whole house in one setting. The canister is a bit on the small side, but it gets the job done. They've got a larger canister version for a couple of hundred bucks more that gets you replaceable batteries and a fancier status screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2020 12:20PM by Z.
Date: September 28, 2020 02:52PM
MrN,

Nope. Been there, done that. Doesn't do squat when the hair is tangled around the brush. Easiest solution is to remove the brush, cut the hair carefully with a razor and reinstall the brush.

Robert
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 28, 2020 10:02PM
Z
Purchased a Dyson V11 Animal+ last week and have been pleased with it thus far.

thats some expensive kit... =)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Z
Date: September 29, 2020 12:37PM
I guess my years of Apple ecosystem have conditioned me to be willing to pay more for some tools. Oh, and costco. ;)

Have a Shark bagless upright of some flavor that is now at the cabin. Works fine but loud AF. The hoses failed due to poor design (angles too sharp) in less than 2 years and the cord has picked up a horrific bit of memory-tangle that may not be worth the premium to be rid of, but am also tired of investing in tools that crap out all too quickly.

Edit - and the OP asked if anyone was using the V11, soooooooo.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2020 02:49PM by Z.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020