advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
September 28, 1997: Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes…
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 29, 2020 08:21AM
[www.cultofmac.com]
[en.wikipedia.org]

Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

September 28, 1997: Apple debuts its iconic “Think different” television commercial, aligning the troubled computer company with some of history’s most celebrated freethinking rebels.

The most famous tagline in Apple history, “Think different” doesn’t just articulate how Cupertino differs from its competitors. It also highlights how Apple, under the leadership of Steve Jobs, will forge a future far different from its floundering, money-losing days of the early 1990s.

Narrated by actor Richard Dreyfuss, the TV spot starts out with an instantly memorable salute to counterculture ideals. “Here’s to the crazy ones,” Dreyfuss intones. “The misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers — the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.”

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2020 08:24AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: September 28, 1997: Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes…
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 29, 2020 09:40AM
I still have the Jane Goodall poster rolled up someplace,,
Re: September 28, 1997: Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes…
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 29, 2020 12:21PM
I really liked that commercial.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 29, 2020 12:49PM
Love this commercial, but I prefer the one narrated by Steve Jobs himself:

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Michael
Date: September 29, 2020 01:09PM
sekker
Love this commercial, but I prefer the one narrated by Steve Jobs himself:

[www.youtube.com]

I don't remember Jobs doing that. Pretty cool!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 29, 2020 02:54PM
So, so good. Really leaves me missing Steve, and his visionary guidance (well worth his abrasive jerky quality, IMHO).

IIRC, the Steve version of the ad was never used.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 29, 2020 04:01PM
anonymouse1
So, so good. Really leaves me missing Steve, and his visionary guidance (well worth his abrasive jerky quality, IMHO).

IIRC, the Steve version of the ad was never used.

Not as a commercial, but it's so good it has a life all on its own.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 29, 2020 04:04PM
Wow, that was great.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 29, 2020 05:32PM
I remember these ads as the only ones that really gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling...
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 29, 2020 07:25PM
Just watched him in 2011... he looked so bad. =(

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 988
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020