advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Might not be a bad idea to stock up on supplies
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 30, 2020 07:02AM
It's 2020 folks, need I say more? Whether it be natural disaster or man made issues, might not be a bad time to stock up. I know I am repetitive on this but I hope this may help a few people Not saying anyone should go into full prepper mode, just set aside some extras in case things happen.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2020 12:55PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Might not be a bad idea to stock up on supplies
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 30, 2020 07:54AM
I was just thinking I might replenish some of my paper goods supplies, in case their is another shortage this winter.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2020 07:54AM by rgG.
Posted by: DP
Date: September 30, 2020 08:06AM
Every time I go shopping now, I grab an extra pack of this or that, even tho I have plenty on hand...

Something different...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: d4
Date: September 30, 2020 08:21AM
Canned food is always welcome at food pantries if food shortages never materialize and you don't particularly want to eat the stockpile when fresh food is available. I still have about 40lbs of canned food from the late March "food shortage" that never happened. My stockpile of paper towels and toilet paper is back down to normal levels in the basement.

I have two 20lb propane tanks for the grill. I might buy 2 more tanks and a small propane generator to run my small chest freezer in an emergency. If power goes out for more than a few hours my frozen food is F'd.

Posted by: jdc
Date: September 30, 2020 09:27AM
Got all the supplies I need

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: September 30, 2020 09:41AM
jdc
Got all the supplies I need

Wouldn't hurt to have a few more.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 30, 2020 09:47AM
We used to grocery shop every week and always had one week on hand. Now we go every other week and always have two additional weeks on hand in case we get the thing that cannot be mentioned on this side.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 30, 2020 09:52AM
got the heavy duty 2 pack from costco

Date: September 30, 2020 09:57AM
jdc

Date: September 30, 2020 10:01AM
Oooo... emergency foil thermal blankets. 10/$8.
Not sure why, but I think I need these!
[www.amazon.com]

Date: September 30, 2020 10:03AM
d4
Oooo... emergency foil thermal blankets. 10/$8.
Not sure why, but I think I need these!
[www.amazon.com]

Ooooooh! Dual purpose!

Date: September 30, 2020 10:03AM
pRICE cUBE
jdc

Can't explain why it took me years to figure this out, but, if you line the bottom of your grill and grease trap as much as possible with foil, it makes your cleanup life so much easier.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 30, 2020 11:21AM
Hmm... with my bidet attachment, my supply of TP will last another year... Might pick up a "six pack emergency supply" though.

Dry white beans. I can last a long time on dry white beans, and the smoked pork shanks I have in the freezer.

Rice, bread flour, and yeast, I'm set for.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 30, 2020 11:45AM
I highly recommend this company's stuff, it's great: [www.amazon.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 30, 2020 12:09PM
I'm pretty much set, as I already had about two months supplies of the basics before the pandemic/shortages hit. I've been adding extras to my stash each time I order groceries for pickup, so I can't say I'm running low on anything.

Plus, my sister came up last week and did her annual "stock up" ritual. She made large batches of soups for the deep freeze, (bean, vegetable beef, chili, chicken noodle) and has them metered out for one meal and one snack containers. She also made some killer lasagna. One pan frozen that has to be baked, and another half pan frozen after we ate the first half. yum smiley

We also stocked up with 40 lbs. of hamburger from the local market, (another ritual, since it's high quality stuff that she doesn't see in her area) which we then placed in 1 lb. bags and split between us.

Freezer is full of various meats, including venison. I'd say I'm ahead of the game. smiley-shocked003

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 30, 2020 12:51PM
I have upwards of a dozen surplus squares of TP so we all good.
Date: September 30, 2020 01:32PM
Im not sure where you peeps live, but the odds of running out of "basic" food here in the suburbs of Sacramento is 0.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 30, 2020 02:19PM
Not a hunter, but I've got a bow and a bunch of arrows. Joy of Cooking outlines how to cook most game. There's plenty of squirrels and some rabbits around.
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: September 30, 2020 03:35PM
Waitin4CJ is at the liquor store now, as a matter of fact. Southern Comfort sale ends today.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 30, 2020 03:41PM
......the news said that liquor consumption has sky rocketed......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 30, 2020 03:47PM
Rick-o
I'm pretty much set, as I already had about two months supplies of the basics before the pandemic/shortages hit. I've been adding extras to my stash each time I order groceries for pickup, so I can't say I'm running low on anything.

Plus, my sister came up last week and did her annual "stock up" ritual. She made large batches of soups for the deep freeze, (bean, vegetable beef, chili, chicken noodle) and has them metered out for one meal and one snack containers. She also made some killer lasagna. One pan frozen that has to be baked, and another half pan frozen after we ate the first half. yum smiley

We also stocked up with 40 lbs. of hamburger from the local market, (another ritual, since it's high quality stuff that she doesn't see in her area) which we then placed in 1 lb. bags and split between us.

Freezer is full of various meats, including venison. I'd say I'm ahead of the game. smiley-shocked003

As long as the electricity doesn’t go out. devil smiley
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 30, 2020 04:09PM
.....don't forget nylons.....and chocolate [ like in the war ]........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 30, 2020 05:02PM
DeusxMac
Rick-o

As long as the electricity doesn’t go out. devil smiley

Pfft! That's what generators are for! I have two.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 30, 2020 05:14PM
rgG
I was just thinking I might replenish some of my paper goods supplies, in case their is another shortage this winter.

I'm still working my way through my 88 roles of TP. I think I'm down to somewhere in the low 70s...

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 30, 2020 05:21PM
d4
pRICE cUBE
jdc

Can't explain why it took me years to figure this out, but, if you line the bottom of your grill and grease trap as much as possible with foil, it makes your cleanup life so much easier.

Right? I think this is the single biggest "why didn't I think of that sooner" of my entire life.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020