advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
bitwarden: interesting password manager, open source, free and premium plans.
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 08, 2020 09:38AM
[bitwarden.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: bitwarden: interesting password manager, open source, free and premium plans.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: October 08, 2020 10:12AM
I'm not brave enough to have my passwords stored on some company's server.

I use the free CiphSafe. It works at least through 10.12.6, which is my newest OS.
Re: bitwarden: interesting password manager, open source, free and premium plans.
Date: October 08, 2020 10:20AM
How do you sync between devices?
Posted by: neophyte
Date: October 08, 2020 12:08PM
space-time
How do you sync between devices?

Admittedly not as smooth as it would be using a cloud-based, single file with all of my passwords, but to me it is much safer:

Ciphsafe keeps its data in a password-protected file, and I use Ciphsafe on just 2 computers: one at work and one at home. Each computer has two Ciphsafe files, labelled Work and Home. Periodically I copy the current Home or Work files onto a thumb drive and bring it to the other computer. It's easy to have both files open so I can access whichever one I need at the moment.
Date: October 08, 2020 07:59PM
That would not work for me. Work and Home computers, Windows, Macs and Linux, iPhones, iPads, wife and kids, we need something that keeps passwords in Sync. I use 1Password. I may need to re-evaluate at some point. I came across this one and I find it interesting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 57
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020