advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to advance facebook video frame by frame?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 09, 2020 09:42AM
( . ) and ( , ) don't work in Chrome or FF, and left and right arrows do 10 secs at a time. Nephew's graduation won't let it be downloaded, so we can't mess with it on our own MBP. There's gotta be a way to do frame by frame, other than trying super-fast mouse clicking, or somehow DL it. I was hoping maybe it was hooked into YouTube, but it's not; it seems locked into FB.

Thanks.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to advance facebook video frame by frame?
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: October 09, 2020 11:16AM
try viewing it by copying/pasting the URL of the video into a new window, and replace the "www" prefix with "m".

Then - playing the video should result in it being displayed in its own window. Once there, right-click within your browser and select "Save Page As...", then you should be able to download the video as a MP4.

Now, you can view it with any player you choose to - I'm still using QuickTime Player 7 (because I like its looks better than its successors).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 11:16AM by SDGuy.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 09, 2020 12:56PM
Thanks SDGuy. That saves a few clicks by having it load the mobile version. Though I am not sure if the mobile page loads a lower resolution version.

Open the page with the developers console and the mobile page more easily identifies the URL for the video. If it is in MP4 format, hit play in the debugger window. After it starts playing in a new window, right click and Save As.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: mikebw
Date: October 09, 2020 01:41PM
It may also be worth noting that video delivery formats often encode only the difference between frames during playback, so you might not be able to get frame by frame accuracy as a whole new frame may only be encoded every second or more.
Date: October 09, 2020 02:15PM
Thanks, will try as soon as spousal unit gets off of the MBP...
One of the first things I tried was copy link and new tab, but that took me back to the same place that I came from. I had hoped that it would have isolated the video, but no joy in Mudville. Fingers crossed that the “m” swap does the trick.

Grad ceremony was streamed live in portrait mode, and comes thru at only 360p. Probably shot with an iPhone or similar. Just want to capture all of the frames as they panned by nephew. They did take 1 “official” grad pic, but we need choices.

Posted video seemed same as live... IOW, same crappy sound dropouts... was hoping for better quality. I’m guessing some serious compression was used via WiFi, as videographer was roaming all over the place.
==
Date: October 09, 2020 02:54PM
Bingo!
SDG FTW!

Exactly what was needed, and direct video is better than streaming, but audio is still crap... maybe somebody that was there in person scored some better audio, and we can sync it up... (fingers crossed).
==
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: October 09, 2020 04:19PM
I believe you can download Facebook videos with clipgrab. Then into any editing program.

Asheville, NC Area
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020