advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Extremely Rugged iPad Case?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 14, 2020 08:17PM
Looking for an iPad case for a 6th gen iPad that can survive being thrown at a wall or down a flight of stairs. Cost is no object, as long as it is cheaper than an iPad. Ideally something with a metal frame and glass screen cover? It does need to be rubberized or soft shell to protect what it might be thrown at.... Thoughts?

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Extremely Rugged iPad Case?
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 14, 2020 11:14PM
What you might want to look into are iPad cases for kids, but expect the iPad to become much larger to take that kind of abuse. But frankly, I wouldn't expect any case to survive "being thrown at a wall" as that sounds like an intentional act and falling down a flight of stairs provides multiple opportunities to hit at an angle that will cause damage.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 15, 2020 09:05AM
We gave students Otter Cases for their iPads, they did a very good job overall

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 15, 2020 11:13AM
Ombligo
We gave students Otter Cases for their iPads, they did a very good job overall

We have these, they actually protected better than other schools that did Otterboxes. This is for a specific use case where an iPad is required to be used but care will not be taken and there isn't anything we can do about it.

[uzbl.com]

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 15, 2020 02:27PM
I don't remember the brand/model, but 1.5 - 2 years ago when I was at my hospital infusion clinic, another patient had an impressively rugged iPad case. I googled it at the time, and it was $180 for big pro size, and $130 - $150 for smaller sizes... and no BT kb at those prices! I didn't commit it to memory due to the $$$, but it was built like a friggin' tank, and kinda heavy.

Here's a few pricey tuffies...
Mob Armor T2
Mob Armor T3
Joy aXtion Pro
==
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 15, 2020 05:09PM
C(-)ris,

How about something like this?

[www.amazon.com]

Little M's ipad mini is in one and it's handled everything a 5 year old can do to it so far. She hasn't dunked it in water. Yet.

I tend to agree with Gareth, though. Based on what you're saying, no ipad case will be sufficient. Not the one for Little M's ipad. Not the ones in Buzz's links.

Sounds to me like the individuals putting an ipad into a situation that'll likely destroy it even with a rugged case should have one. Get them a dirt cheap android tablet. That way, when it gets destroyed, you aren't out much money.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020