advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
eBay help again: cancelled order but also refund via PayPal, so double refund?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 18, 2020 02:24PM
last week I refunded a buyer his payment through PayPal, but didn't realize that I also had to cancel the order. So, I just now cancelled the order through eBay and it automatically comes up with refund the buyer, which I also clicked on, because there really is not another option from which to choose. So, the question: am I going to refund the buyer *twice* on this same order? does anyone know? thanks
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: eBay help again: cancelled order but also refund via PayPal, so double refund?
Posted by: hal
Date: October 18, 2020 03:11PM
If you went to PP and refunded the payment made, it shouldn't be a problem - when ebay refunds in this situation, it takes the money from THAT transaction and gives it back to the buyer. Ebay should recognize that the refund has already been sent and maybe will generate an error - most likely not. If it's been more than a few hours, check PP and make sure that all looks right.

If you simply sent the buyer money in a new transaction (that is, you didn't opt to undo the previous transaction, you instead created a new one) then you have a problem. I suspect the only way to fix it would be to contest the refund - it isn't actually a refund at that point - it's a payment and every pp payment needs to have a tracking number associated with it.

But it should all be clear by checking your paypal account
Re: eBay help again: cancelled order but also refund via PayPal, so double refund?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 18, 2020 03:37PM
Thanks. Correct, I refunded the money via the link on PayPal detailing the eBay transaction. But I use the eBay app on my phone almost exclusively and there was no "cancel this order" option, and then I got a bill for the transaction, which didn't occur.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020