AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
swoon
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 23, 2020 08:51AM
1966 Ferrari 330 GTC

[bringatrailer.com]

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: swoon
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 23, 2020 09:22AM
Hide it from Ferris
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 23, 2020 10:58AM
They look good in old movies, less so now compared to modern cars. IMHO.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 23, 2020 11:18AM
Man, I just love the combination of angles, curves, and LOTS OF GLASS. Modern cars feel like peering through a periscope.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 23, 2020 11:45AM
Never seen an auction that lasts two weeks. I expect it will end close to $700k. 1968 GTC didn't top the reserve with a bid at $651k.

I wonder how much J.G.Wentworth would give me for my lifetime SSA benefits...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 23, 2020 12:00PM
Speedy
They look good in old movies, less so now compared to modern cars. IMHO.

Ehhh... there is a similar Ferrari model from roughly the same time period (perhaps 275 GTB?) that has an almost identical front end mated to a much more curvaceous rear end than that one that looks much better to my eyes. That one, while styled by Pininfarina, has a much more semi-squared-off, Bertone-ish look to it. There's more than a whiff of BMW 3.0CS to the roof and tail.

Stylistic nit-picking aside, it is a beautiful car nonetheless and more than anything else I applaud a Ferrari being painted any color aside from red.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 12:03PM by Thrift Store Scott.
Date: October 23, 2020 12:38PM
yea, I dig that color. Didn't read if it was OEM, but waaaay better than red.
so ... if we pool ours funds ......

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 23, 2020 12:50PM
Fritz
yea, I dig that color. Didn't read if it was OEM, but waaaay better than red.

It is a factory original color for that car, called "bleu", apparently a reference to the blue color used on French racing cars at one point.

Fritz
so ... if we pool ours funds ......

I do appreciate the offer to buy in but while I have a more-than-passing appreciation for it, it just isn't my type of car to own.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 23, 2020 01:06PM
Lol, I love you guys. I knew what this thread was gonna be about before I even clicked it. Even got the color right, though not the make.
Date: October 23, 2020 01:16PM
wrong again Lew!

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020