advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any iPhone Pro users here?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 25, 2020 11:51AM
The iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro is a conundrum.

I won't buy a phone with less that 128GB storage, so that puts the iPhone 12 at $749, only $150 less than the Pro at 128GB.

For the $150 I get:

stainless steel v aluminum (meh, I will have it in a case any)
2x zoom camera (biggest question)
slightly brighter screen (800 vs 625 nits)
Night mode portraits (nice)

Anything else? Any iPhone pro users think that zoom camera is worth $150?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any iPhone Pro users here?
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 25, 2020 11:58AM
You also get a LiDar camera for AR uses. Not sure how many will use that, I probably won't.

For many people, the non-Pro iPhone 12 is the right purchase.

'It’s the one you should get unless you’re waiting for the Max or mini'

[www.theverge.com]

Here is the iPhone12 Pro review for comparison:
[www.theverge.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2020 12:00PM by sekker.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 25, 2020 12:29PM
I am a photographer, and I travel a lot. The pro version with the telephoto lens is remarkably better for all around photography. Also, the new ultra wide angle captures so much.
I am holding out for the iPhone 12 pro max, since the telephoto is 2.5 X.
When I travel, are used to shoot only 20% of my photos on a trip with the iPhone, and 80% with my larger canon are my Sony Mirrorless. Lately, it seems that I’m shooting about 80% of my photos with the iPhone.
Portrait mode and the ability to do adjustable bokeh is really a game changer. I like to say it takes "snapshots and turns them into photographs".
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 25, 2020 01:35PM
Ken Sp.
I am a photographer, and I travel a lot. The pro version with the telephoto lens is remarkably better for all around photography. Also, the new ultra wide angle captures so much.
I am holding out for the iPhone 12 pro max, since the telephoto is 2.5 X.
When I travel, are used to shoot only 20% of my photos on a trip with the iPhone, and 80% with my larger canon are my Sony Mirrorless. Lately, it seems that I’m shooting about 80% of my photos with the iPhone.
Portrait mode and the ability to do adjustable bokeh is really a game changer. I like to say it takes "snapshots and turns them into photographs".

That was true for the Pro 11 series. Is that difference also true for the 12?
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 25, 2020 02:09PM
Its not really that big of a conundrum.

If you take a lot photos... Pro. If you dont, then no pro.

Not a lot of real world experiences from normal folk, just yet, they only started being delivered about 5 days ago.

We have 3 12s on the way (would have been here last week but had the wrong shipping address, grr) -- one with the 128 GB option. Yeah, the $150 difference wasnt much, but the user isnt a big picture taker.. and its not like the 12 camera is a POS -- so pass on the Pro. $150 gets cases, wireless chargers, etc, etc.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020