advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Are Paypal and Google Pay the same operation now? They both just sent me nearly identical notifications.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 05, 2020 01:42PM
At 11:40 I get an email from Paypal titled, Annual Error Resolution Notice.

At 11:41 I get a message from Google Pay titled, Your annual notice about our customer service and error resolution policy.

They both look legit using my real name and including links that actually go back to paypal and google (don't worry - I do not click any links in emails ever)

I'm a little puzzled.

The paypal message:

Dear (my real name),

We're sending you a copy of our Annual Error Resolution Notice to provide helpful information if you have a billing error or unauthorized transaction on your PayPal account. Just remember that you can check out our Error Resolution Notice anytime by going to the section of our User Agreement "Liability for Unauthorized Transactions and Other Errors".

As always, if you need help or have any questions, visit our Help Center. You can also find the link on any page of our website.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer.

Sincerely,
PayPal

The google message:

Hi (my real name),
We’re sending you a copy of our Customer Service and Error Resolution policy which explains how to report unauthorized transactions or other errors with any Google Pay balance transactions, or with sending or receiving money. Learn more about Google Pay balance. You can also find a copy of this policy at any time at pay.google.com by clicking 'Error Resolution' at the bottom of the page.

You are receiving this email because you have a debit card or bank account information saved to your Google Account.

If you have questions about Google Pay, visit our Help Center or feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
The Google Pay team
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Are Paypal and Google Pay the same operation now? They both just sent me nearly identical notifications.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 05, 2020 02:09PM
Convergent evolution. There are only so many ways to cheerfully preface something so utterly boring as a legally-required notice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2020 02:10PM by Acer.
Re: Are Paypal and Google Pay the same operation now? They both just sent me nearly identical notifications.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 05, 2020 03:00PM
Sounds like something regulatory just went into effect that impacts online financial services...

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 05, 2020 06:02PM
Lawyers just double billed for the same work. Win !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020