advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple releases iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1, tvOS 14.2 featuring new emoji and bug fixes
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 05, 2020 05:12PM
Apple releases iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1, tvOS 14.2 featuring new emoji and bug fixes

Apple has released iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1 and tvOS 14.2 to the public with new features like a dedicated Shazam button and new emoji.

The update comes after five developer beta cycles for testing. The update features over 100 new emoji with more inclusive options and more food and objects. Apple also included eight new wallpaper options including outdoor scenes and artistic pieces.

The updates can be installed on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV via the usual update processes. While it can be set to run automatically, a manual update can be performed by opening the Settings app, selecting General, then Software Update. The Apple Watch must be charged to at least 50% and left on the charger in order to update.

I'm hoping there's a fix for my 'Phone draining somewhat quickly since 14.0 and and folders frequently refusing to open until several taps and canceling the Delete windo.

Otherwise, emoji and wallpaper...

Be still my heart.

[appleinsider.com]

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2020 05:21PM by RAMd®d.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple releases iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1, tvOS 14.2 featuring new emoji and bug fixes
Posted by: Buck
Date: November 05, 2020 05:18PM
New emoji? Exactly what I've been waiting for!
Re: Apple releases iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1, tvOS 14.2 featuring new emoji and bug fixes
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 05, 2020 05:34PM
Without new dolphin steak emojis, this will be a waste of an update.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 05, 2020 05:50PM
RAMd®d
I'm hoping there's a fix for my 'Phone draining somewhat quickly since 14.0 and and folders frequently refusing to open until several taps and canceling the Delete windo.

Thanks for validating my decision to continue to wait to upgrade from iOS 12.

It is what it is.
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 05, 2020 08:11PM
Also a "supplemental update" for Catalina 10.15.7 to build 19H15 I believe... to address the same zero days from Google Project Zero as were patched in iOS 14.2.

No word yet on whether similar update will be needed for Mojave. Technically as Big Sur has not shipped (probably on the 11th next week or at least an expected delivery date announced) Apple's still supposed to provide updates for High Sierra but I'd sooner bet on Apple shipping a xMac!
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: November 05, 2020 09:03PM
gabester
Also a "supplemental update" for Catalina 10.15.7 to build 19H15 I believe... to address the same zero days from Google Project Zero as were patched in iOS 14.2.

No word yet on whether similar update will be needed for Mojave. Technically as Big Sur has not shipped (probably on the 11th next week or at least an expected delivery date announced) Apple's still supposed to provide updates for High Sierra but I'd sooner bet on Apple shipping a xMac!

1.21GB Supplemental update for macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Whew!

=TC
Posted by: Z
Date: November 06, 2020 01:09PM
I really hope they fix the bug where whenever I swipe to go back a page in Safari I don't end up massively zoomed in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020