advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
take it to the limit, one more time?!....some supermarkets limiting some purchases.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 08, 2020 09:37PM
.....hoarding may have begun again as fear of 2nd wave......so as preventative measure......Kroger, H-E-B- and Giant will be limiting amounts for stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, disinfecting/antibacterial sprays and hand soap......

It’s Happening Again, Some Grocers Now Limiting Toilet Paper And Disinfecting Wipe Purchases

.....It’s a move reminiscent of the springtime COVID-19 shutdown in Texas and across the nation — some grocery store chains are now re-imposing limits on key items such as toilet paper, paper towels and disinfecting wipes. The companies say their hope is to keep shelves stocked and prevent shoppers from hoarding as they did earlier in the year.

At Kroger, customers can purchase a maximum of two items when it comes to products like bath tissue, paper towels, disinfecting wipes and hand soap. A spokesperson said in an email that the limits began earlier this week and apply in stores and online.

H-E-B in Texas has implemented similar policies in recent weeks. Some H-E-B stores have instituted limits of two on purchases of disinfecting and antibacterial sprays, while other stores have limited toilet paper and paper towels to two.

Christopher Brand, a spokesperson for Giant, a grocery chain in the Northeast, said that the company was “seeing little evidence of stockpiling, and there is no need to create panic.” But since the supply chain “remains challenged,” Giant began last week putting a limit of one on purchases of larger toilet paper and paper towel sizes and four on smaller toilet paper and paper towel sizes.

The three companies say supply chains for securing these items are still strained. Around 19% of paper products such as toilet paper and paper towels and 16% of household cleaning products were out of stock during the week ending November 1, according to data from market research firm IRI.

The moves come as the United States reported its highest number of new coronavirus infections Thursday— at least 108,174, according to Johns Hopkins University. The five highest daily totals of coronavirus cases since the pandemic began have happened in the last week.

Meanwhile, nearly 60% of shoppers say they plan to stock up again as winter approaches, according to a survey of 1,000 shoppers by market research firm Inmar Intelligence conducted during the week of October 14.

un.......limited......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 09:43PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: take it to the limit, one more time?!....some supermarkets limiting some purchases.....
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 08, 2020 09:54PM
We happened to be at Costco right when it opened Saturday to pick up a cake. We opted to swing by and grab a pack of toilet paper as we're down to a couple of weeks supply. We found out that everyone else in line was making a bee line to the same area. We managed to get a pack and that should keep us "going" for another few months...

We've noted that the freezer sections in our local markets are understocked...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Re: take it to the limit, one more time?!....some supermarkets limiting some purchases.....
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 08, 2020 11:17PM
I noticed the shelves are getting a bit thin again...I was about to donate my canned goods stockpile. Maybe I should wait.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 09, 2020 12:09AM
Just placed an online Walmart pickup order. Did't seem to be a limit on TP here.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 09, 2020 01:18AM
We’re good. Tonight we bought groceries for the next three weeks because we are in quarantine until after our daughter, who is highly immune suppressed (kidney transplant), visits us for Thanksgiving. The only thing I will buy is milk which I will do late at night at our local convenience store which will be empty except for the clerk.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 09, 2020 03:53AM
Publix started limiting paper goods last week. One multipack or four singles.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: November 09, 2020 07:27AM
We did our normal costco run last week and grabbbed a bale of tp and paper towels - so we are ready for whatever comes.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 09, 2020 10:07AM
steve...
Just placed an online Walmart pickup order. Did't seem to be a limit on TP here.

That's what I've been doing for over a year now. There always seems to be out of stock items every time I do a search. I'm at the point where I order two different brands of essential stuff like toilet paper. If one is out of stock, usually the other gets through. If both go through, I don't mind. T.P. doesn't spoil. smiley-shocked003

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 10, 2020 08:06AM
My wife noticed that corned beef hash is out in a number of stores.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: November 10, 2020 10:03AM
Everyone's stocking up for the Trucker's Strike, which I read on Parler starts on Nov. 29th. Very few details available but lots of posts.

Fred
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020