advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
After these Apple announcements of new product, there is usually a particular type of post that I'm not seeing this time...
Posted by: hal
Date: November 10, 2020 06:03PM
Where are the "HELL NO!!! I'm not gonna be Apple's guinea pig!!!" posts?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: After these Apple announcements of new product, there is usually a particular type of post that I'm not seeing this time...
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 10, 2020 06:08PM
I find the new Macs provocative. I currently have a 5 year old MBA and was planning on buying an iPad Pro as a replacement. But after watching the event today, my next machine will be an MBA.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 06:08PM by Markintosh.
Re: After these Apple announcements of new product, there is usually a particular type of post that I'm not seeing this time...
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 10, 2020 06:38PM
Used mac prices are insane... Ive really been shopping for a 2104-2018 21" iMac for some time now for my wife... and they are silly hard to find.

Hoping a new base mini will likely run 3X as fast. Coupled with a nice 27" screen... about what 21" iMacs are going for.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 10, 2020 07:28PM
hal
Where are the "HELL NO!!! I'm not gonna be Apple's guinea pig!!!" posts?

Just wait six months to get past the "new Apple hardware" bump and the "new Mac operating system" curve.

Posted by: sekker
Date: November 10, 2020 08:55PM
Waiting for some more data. Are they as fast as claimed? Is battery life actually good?

We have one person in our household who would be the ideal target market for the MBA.

We may be purchasing, but not ready to pull the trigger just yet.
Date: November 10, 2020 08:55PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 08:58PM by The Celebration Fairy.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 10, 2020 09:45PM
I bought the first C2D iMac (Plastic) as a refurb. Kept it for 5 years, gave it to my son who used it for another 2 years. It ran hot. I donated it to a Mac hobbyist

I'm not worried that these new M1 Macs will be any more troublesome.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 11, 2020 03:33AM
sekker
Waiting for some more data. Are they as fast as claimed? Is battery life actually good.

BareFeats.com is going to see a HUGE upturn in visits to its site Real Soon Now.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2020 03:33AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: decay
Date: November 11, 2020 09:28AM
I suppose I'll get one when my 2016 MBP 15" work computer is EOL'd.

---
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 11, 2020 09:46AM
My mid 2012 is at it’s eol. I’m looking at the M1 MacBook Pro 13”. I use my iPad a lot these days but sometimes need the laptop for spreadsheets and other activities that don’t work as well on an iPad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 54
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020