advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Trying to take a COVID test, all sites are booked for the next 2 days.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 11, 2020 10:46AM
I called my doctor today, he advised that I should take a COVID test before he can see me in person. he said the rapid test is fine.

I looked online and most sites in NJ have the lab test which takes 2-3 days and they are all booked, the earliest I was able to find is for Friday which means the results won't be available until mid next week at the earliest. So a week since you decide you want to take the test until you find out.

I hope it's not Covid but the doctor said he's seen similar cases where patients just feel tired more than usual and have no other symptoms and they were tested positive. So better get tested to make sure.

I probably won't be able to go to work until I get the results.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trying to take a COVID test, all sites are booked for the next 2 days.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 11, 2020 11:00AM
space-time
I called my doctor today, he advised that I should take a COVID test before he can see me in person. he said the rapid test is fine.

I looked online and most sites in NJ have the lab test which takes 2-3 days and they are all booked, the earliest I was able to find is for Friday which means the results won't be available until mid next week at the earliest. So a week since you decide you want to take the test until you find out.

I hope it's not Covid but the doctor said he's seen similar cases where patients just feel tired more than usual and have no other symptoms and they were tested positive. So better get tested to make sure.

I probably won't be able to go to work until I get the results.

I hope it is nothing, but good to get tested.
I am sorry there is such a wait. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 11, 2020 11:10AM
I live in such a denial area that getting tested is simple, just go to the CVS drive-thru and there won't be a line. However there are no rapid results within 50 miles, so it will be 3 days. The county health department offers testing, but that is a 7-10 day wait for a result.

Plus local employers are really anti-testing. If you go to get tested, you have to be off work for 2 weeks regardless of the result. If it is negative, you have to use vacation days or go unpaid.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: November 11, 2020 11:18AM
I found a test lab with rapid testing, but the first available appointment is on Nov 17. That is 6 days away!

Maybe it's faster to jump in the car and drive in the middle of Pennsylvania to a CVS.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 11, 2020 11:22AM
....so PENn_IS the place to get a test.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 11, 2020 11:52AM
If your doctor has hospital-privileges, see if he can get you in for a real PCR test (results in a few hours).

Rapid tests are not accurate. Waste of time and money. 30% or higher false-negatives.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 11, 2020 12:15PM
I was able to get a test through Kaiser pretty easily. I think I asked about getting it on a Friday and got an appt for monday. Got the results in 2 days. Tested negative.
Date: November 11, 2020 12:42PM
I found a smaller lab with rapid testing and plenty of appointments for tomorrow. $175. yes, it's the rapid test, not the PCR one, but I cannot afford to wait a week until I get results from CVS
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 11, 2020 01:13PM
space-time
I found a test lab with rapid testing, but the first available appointment is on Nov 17. That is 6 days away!

Maybe it's faster to jump in the car and drive in the middle of Pennsylvania to a CVS.

Don't expect rapid test results from CVS unless something has changed. I know someone that was almost thru the quarantine period before getting results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 51
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020