advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I know you didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but could you please entertain us and play Doctor?
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 11, 2020 12:13PM
former friend (and now more of an acquaintance since friendship seems to cool off) was about 38 at the time when she told me she has a surgery coming up. Later she told my wife that it was Uterine Cancer, stage 3. Wow...

anyway, surprised there was no chemo treatment after that, but even more surprising was when found out ~9 months later that she got pregnant and 18 months after surgery she had a baby.

Question: how common is this? is it possible that someone is considered cured after a cancer surgery and given the green light to go ahead ha have babies, or was this a suicide mission when she ignored her cancer thread just to have the baby and she deals with the cancer later?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I know you didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but could you please entertain us and play Doctor?
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 11, 2020 12:26PM
Sounds fishy to me. There are a couple of cancers that could be described as “uterine cancer” (endometrial, cervical, myometrial) but a stage 3 cancer (generally, when it has spread to local lymph nodes) would almost always entail a hysterectomy.
Re: I know you didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but could you please entertain us and play Doctor?
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 11, 2020 12:26PM
These are deeply personal questions you ask. I would not touch these with a 1000ft pole.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 11, 2020 12:32PM
.....that what she a said.....!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 11, 2020 12:44PM
sekker
These are deeply personal questions you ask. I would not touch these with a 1000ft pole.

This is why I didn't ask her. I think it's safe to ask here, since we are mostly anonymous (and she would never read forums like this).
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: November 11, 2020 01:30PM
Hunch: The first procedure was an abortion.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 11, 2020 01:36PM
secret smiley

anonymouse1
Posted by: srf1957
Date: November 11, 2020 02:03PM
anonymouse1

Malignant growth. Old House episode He said the lady had a parasite growing down there .
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 11, 2020 02:07PM
space-time
former friend (and now more of an acquaintance since friendship seems to cool off)

Probably best that way. I know someone who has al sorts of disorders, all the time...but seems to be fine every time I see her. I think she has Munchhausen's

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: November 11, 2020 02:56PM
....Doctor....Who....??

Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 11, 2020 03:31PM
tmi

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: November 11, 2020 04:21PM
anonymouse1

Why would she say this? they wanted to have a kid.

I believe it could have been cancer. she smoked a lot before getting pregnant.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 11, 2020 05:34PM
Maybe she had/has fibroids -- a growth but not really a cancer -- and had some sort of surgical treatment. I don't get the stage 3 part though. That would suggest invasive cancer, if I understand correctly, so I agree that you aren't getting the complete story. Perhaps it's just as well. It's her body and her life. I hope she survives to raise the child.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 11, 2020 10:06PM
Rejoice in a successful baby. Nunya Bidness on the rest. Sometimes info gets befuddled...
Date: November 12, 2020 11:33AM
......Doctor....Sleep.....???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020