advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
replacement for "tabdex"?
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: November 11, 2020 10:35PM
for years i've used daily a spiffy little 32 bit preference pane called "tapdex" for almost instant access to my contacts' information; the original publisher was yellowmug.com in palo alto and they discontinued it years ago (but they do have three cool and useful apps).

i type a quickie shortcut (opt + z for me) and it gives me a text window into which i can type and then shows in a small window over the app on which i'm focused any contacts containing the typed text. if there's more than one such contact, then it show all that contain the text and i scroll down to it and the contact card info appears; i can't manipulate or edit the contact card from there, but i have access to the info, which is all i want. it sounds kinda clunky, but it really only takes a second or so and keeps me from futzing with the contacts app.

when i upgrade from mojave i'll lose access to my 32 bit apps, including tapdex, "the only one i think i will miss" (thanks and all props to the late, great guy clark).

please let me know of any 64 bit apps y'all use that'll do what i've described with that kind of ease or if there's another way of doing the same thing so easily.

also, please let me know if i've left out any necessary info or if my description is unclear.

tia.

be well, y'all!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020