advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
My brother asked me to find PS5 for my nephew - is this going to be one of those impossible quests?
Posted by: stephen
Date: November 15, 2020 11:10AM
Advice appreciated.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: My brother asked me to find PS5 for my nephew - is this going to be one of those impossible quests?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 15, 2020 11:14AM
Yes

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Re: My brother asked me to find PS5 for my nephew - is this going to be one of those impossible quests?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 15, 2020 11:16AM
stephen
"Is this going to be one of those impossible quests? "

Not if you are willing to spend well above MSRP. I am seeing them on Craigslist for a premium.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 15, 2020 11:44AM
Yes, as mentioned, depending on how much you are willing to pay.

People are desperate to make money this year and have been buying any desirable tech to flip for normally outrageous prices.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 15, 2020 12:00PM
.....like a quest for fire......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 15, 2020 12:02PM
....can you get him a PS4....and say the sequel will be coming in a few years.....???

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 15, 2020 12:03PM
Not if you're patient.

Since they're expected to be in stock frequently at Amazon you can use a availability alert service like CamelCamelCamel to let you know when they have it.

Walmart is expected to have new stock every day. You can use a Walmart inventory checker like BrickSeek to see what's available near you. Refresh the page every few hours and you're likely to find a store with stock within a few days. (Whether it'll be there when you show up to buy it is another matter.)

You can also open a bunch of tabs to Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart, GameStop and Target and reload every few hours. Links are here: [www.cnet.com]

Posted by: d4
Date: November 15, 2020 12:33PM
This is getting hard to find too.
I totally don't need it. Complete waste of space and money. BUT I WANT IT.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 15, 2020 12:39PM
ugh!! I was just working in photoshop and was talking about it so 'PS5' meant something else to me and I went looking for it for you - I'm an idiot
Date: November 15, 2020 01:50PM
....if you do this for him.....what will you get in return.......??

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 15, 2020 02:31PM
If he is buying just pay the Craigslist/ebay premium and make life easy on yourself.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: November 15, 2020 02:59PM
.....is this biological brother......or brother from another mother.....or a brother from the 'hood......???

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 15, 2020 04:59PM
The PS5 is in extremely short supply this year. I believe production issues are part of the problem. Even resellers with bots are having issues. I haven't been able to score any online, and I was on top of things in regards to preorders and release dates and times. This is very unusual. Thankfully Amazon has blocked third party sales. I wish eBay would do so as well. Facebook seems to have put a clamp on it as well. If these platforms and others would unilaterally act to block PS5 sales, that would effectively kill resellers.
Date: November 15, 2020 05:01PM
And to answer the original question, yes you are doomed on this quest for this year anyway. It will be more difficult than any year past. Forget about it. Try online anyway, you may be lucky.
Date: November 15, 2020 05:07PM
FYI, BrickSeek may start showing stock coming in at your local Walmarts, but these are being held for Black Friday and won't be sold now. And I think that BF stock will be only sold online for instore pickup. I'd advise going to your local Walmart and asking the manager of the electronics department exactly how it's going to go down.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 15, 2020 07:30PM
I was able to put one in the cart at Walmart but by the time I got to the cart, they were sold out. Not sure how that works, but that's what happened.
Date: November 15, 2020 07:43PM
That’s been almost everyone’s experience.
Posted by: blooz
Date: November 15, 2020 11:30PM
I believe I have it around here somewhere. bought it legally, for once, PM me.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 16, 2020 06:46AM
PS5???

I'm trying to find a PS4!

Date: November 16, 2020 07:19AM
....what about finding.....'P.S. I Love You'.....????

Posted by: Maddog
Date: November 16, 2020 01:06PM
P.S I love you really is a fine movie. Love that Hilary Swank.
Posted by: pqrst
Date: November 16, 2020 05:13PM
Does he have a console now? I ask because the ps3 and 4 when hooked to hdtv still look great . And there are plenty of games available. The cost would be so much less. You could get a ps3 and a stack games for $200. My 3 cents.
Date: November 16, 2020 08:26PM
pqrst
Does he have a console now? I ask because the ps3 and 4 when hooked to hdtv still look great . And there are plenty of games available. The cost would be so much less. You could get a ps3 and a stack games for $200. My 3 cents.

....I agree but kids have to have the latest......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020