advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Wyze Cam 2 vs Eufy 2K
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 15, 2020 07:40PM
I've had 2 Wyze cam 2 for probably 2 years and one of them is very flakey. When Wyze Cam 3 was releases I was very excited but I read the comments at Slickdeals and some people suggested that Eufy is also a decent camera.

[www.amazon.com]

I can tell you that I am very please with this camera. I was able to get it on sale for $28.

The Wyze app is buggy. Does not always load the events, I need to try multiple times. I recently update the App and firmware and it did not solve the issues. The app was always slightly buggy.

Eufy App is perfect so far, person detection works very well and there is no monthly fee. I think the difference is there is no cloud storage so you need a micro SD in the camera. I believe they also have a cloud storage option but I didn't look into it.

Eufy is made by Anker. Better resolution that Wyze. Wyze charges you for person detection (unless you told them you pay nothing). Over all I think Quey is a decent alternative to Wyze Cam V2.

It is NOT outdoor rated so you need to make some enclosure. But for inside, I think I will switch to Eufy. I plan to install several around the house (garage, watch the front door and the deck) and slowly retire the Wyze.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2020 07:46PM by space-time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wyze Cam 2 vs Eufy 2K
Posted by: ArtP
Date: November 15, 2020 07:50PM
The pet detection sounds cool - may try and snag one in the future if I can get at a good price - intrigued.

Ordered the Wyze cam 3 - still waiting on it, but at these prices - u can never have too many mini smart cams.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 15, 2020 08:00PM
I read somewhere that the Eufy cameras connect to servers in China. Not sure that's something that I would want inside my house.

I'm sticking to cameras that either connect to a NAS or will stream via RTSP so that I can record locally.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 15, 2020 08:07PM
macphanatic
I read somewhere that the Eufy cameras connect to servers in China. Not sure that's something that I would want inside my house.

I'm sticking to cameras that either connect to a NAS or will stream via RTSP so that I can record locally.

I read that too. Not sure how I feel about it. I don't have these looking inside, I have them looking at the garage and at the front door. Not sure what the Chine corporation can do with that info.

I am not sure where Wyze servers are, I think they are a US company but I also recall reading about sending traffic to servers in China. It's been a long time and I don't recall for sure.

Is there any camera that is made in USA and send traffic only to US servers?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 15, 2020 08:49PM
macphanatic

Wait, so there is a server someplace in China logging how much pet hair our Eufy vacuum picks up?

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 16, 2020 06:45AM
Markintosh
macphanatic

Wait, so there is a server someplace in China logging how much pet hair our Eufy vacuum picks up?

Yes, but the hidden camera is sharing very interesting photos as well. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020